Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Man Utd KO 1:30 SS1. Mod not #307

Comments

ricero wrote: »
    Good point for swansea although I say they feel hard done by considering rvp should of walked

Yellow was enough, get over it. It's sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Ah ****. Too many below par performances today. Tempo wasn't great. We should have gotten a penalty for that handball, but overall Swansea deserved their point I think. We missed Rafael on the right. I'm looking forward to seeing Kagawa and Anderson back. We could have done with some hard running from Anderson and Kagawa coming on for a mis-firing Rooney would have been a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thank you Swansea! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Carrick and Evans were the only two who played today. Cleverley was average at best

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭TheEscapist

Frustrating game but there's always gonna be results like this. Top at Christmas is always Fergie's goal and he's achieved that with a 4 point gap. Although Rooney and Valencia were very poor. Valencia is beginning to become a concern.

Swansea deserve a lot of credit though, they should get a top 10 finish anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

To think swansea replaced rodgers and joe allen with much better and liverpool financed it plus left them with a ball of money left over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Well played Swansea, disciplined and aggressive performance. Rode their luck in the last half our and on another day with Rooney in form they'd have been walloped.

Also, the Liverpool fans in here are embarrassing themselves. You're an irrelevance at this stage. Reminds me of the rivalry the Stoke fans claim to have with United. Give it up and come back when you are competing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wasn't really arsed with this game until I seen Fergie up to his old tricks and waiting on the ref at the tunnel to give him an ear full going in at half time.

I thought that sort of thing was banned?

Well played Swansea they really have performed against the big boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

4 points clear at christmas. id of taken that in august,

4 points clear but City look to be getting better as the season has gone on.

Personally I wasn't impressed with Man Utd, wasteful in possession and caught out quite badly for the Swansea goal. When Swansea did press a bit late in the first half and early in the second half United struggled to work the ball out of the back and provide quality service to the strikers, unlike Seansea who dropped back further and further as the final whistle came closer, you have to believe that Real Madrid will have the confidence to maintain it. Last season Man Utd simply couldn't deal with a side who pressed high and had composure and quality on the ball (Bilbao), there was a small example today that they still haven't fixed that problem, it will surely show in the tie against Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Swansea deserve a lot of credit though, they should get a top 10 finish anyway.

Apparently any team with that sort of points total at this stage has an eye on finishing second in the league:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To think swansea replaced rodgers and joe allen with much better and liverpool financed it plus left them with a ball of money left over

Maybe you will get some thanks at the third attempt.

Would love to hear SirAlexFerguson's thoughts on this result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

18 points ahead of liverpool,

Why bring Liverpool into it? Aren't we irrelevant?

When will the obsession end??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well played Swansea, disciplined and aggressive performance. Rode their luck in the last half our and on another day with Rooney in form they'd have been walloped.

Also, the Liverpool fans in here are embarrassing themselves. You're an irrelevance at this stage. Reminds me of the rivalry the Stoke fans claim to have with United. Give it up and come back when you are competing.
    Where your xmas spirit ? scrooge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Anyone a link to the goals much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I'm just here to support Swansea, honest.

i see you started the city reading thread yesterday, how was the 3 pages of banter , haha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Anyone a link to the goals much appreciated.

101greatgoals should have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Leiva wrote: »
    Wasn't really arsed with this game until I seen Fergie up to his old tricks and waiting on the ref at the tunnel to give him an ear full going in at half time.

I thought that sort of thing was banned?

This seems weird to me. If Benitez or Dalglish was doing that, the Liverpool fans would lap it up. You'd kill to have a manager like Fergie and not a a puppet with the owner's hand up his arse telling him what to say and do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Did alright against your lot too :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

:confused::confused:

Do you know who doesn't give a **** about Vorm?

_62497228_van_persie_getty2.jpg

Oh dear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nice.
    That'll do.

Considering Swansea are only 4 points behind Liverpool, surely you'd want Swansea to drop as many as possible.

Of course, he should just wait and do what Rodgers does and wait until he speaks to reporters.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Why bring Liverpool into it? Aren't we irrelevant?

When will the obsession end??

i dont see liverpool playing in this game so why visit:D, 18 points how bad is that haha

The bitterness is strong in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rooney was found out today. A mercenary whos there for the big fat paychecks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Iechyd da!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

18 points ahead of liverpool,

Who gives a fúck?

Anyway, should've won but we ballsed up a load of chances. Rooney was awful, Valencia too. Carrick was good.

• Advertisement

i dont see liverpool playing in this game so why visit:D, 18 points how bad is that haha

Am I only allowed to watch Liverpool games?

Do you only watch Man Utd games?

Sad.

This seems weird to me. If Benitez or Dalglish was doing that, the Liverpool fans would lap it up. You'd kill to have a manager like Fergie and not a a puppet with the owner's hand up his arse telling him what to say and do.

:pac:

Am I only allowed to watch Liverpool games?

Do you only watch Man Utd games?

Sad.
    if you try to give it take it back,,, 18 points,,,, are you mad

If you want to condone that then fine, but please don't say "all Liverpool fans" would.

kinda retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

The Liverpool fans that are in to laugh at the league leaders is humerous to say the least. But it is just a few to be fair. Every team has them.

Bloody frustrating game. United's winger situation is troubling. They really didn't offer much today. Valencia needs Rafael. Young works hard but is often not where Utd need him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To be blunt....Why the **** is anyone discussing Liverpool in this thread?

It's one thing when a Liverpool fan comes in trying to get a rise out of a United fan, but it's as bad when some United fans try to fight back.

Just ignore them and discuss the game ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Haha.without him utd would have been well fooked for last few season.what a thickle fan

You're so bad at this. Subtlety is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Seriously lads the ****e being talked in here is just so childish. Are ye all still in school by any chance?

Really enjoyed that game as a neutral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Your just embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lads, leave the 'Pool fans alone. They're up to the dizzying heights of 8th and are signing Daniel Sturridge. Can't blame them if they're a bit giddy, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Pj! wrote: »

United's winger situation is troubling

There's a solution to this, drop 'em. Newcastle away is all I say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

:D

I think you need a long walk of a short pier pal.

To be blunt....Why the **** is anyone discussing Liverpool in this thread?

It's one thing when a Liverpool fan comes in trying to get a rise out of a United fan, but it's as bad when some United fans try to fight back.

Just ignore them and discuss the game ffs.

its a bit of crack lighten up, ken barlow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

United must be the only team who can be "found out" against a team when they draw away and stay top of the league by four points. Honestly can't believe the amount of people in here stirring shít.

Overall same problem as always this season. Don't know what to do when the other team keep possession. The pressing high up the pitch was fine early on but as Swansea got into it United looked clueless. Playing 2 players at CB coming back from injury was a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Enough. I'll open the thread again in a bit if people want to talk about the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

So I guess the burning question as a result of this game is, did he nearly kill the lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

So I guess the burning question as a result of this game is, did he nearly kill the lad?

Given Rooneys comments after the game, it looks like he disagrees with Ferguson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is what Fergusons interviews remind me of these days.

Hi lads. Just dropped back to say sorry for winding ye up during the match.
    A bit of Xmas giddiness kicked in.
    No hard feelings I hope and Happy Christmas to ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Rezident

It looks deliberate, he smashed the ball against RVP's head form very close range, it was nasty but Ferguson saying it could have killed him is just barmy. Ferguson said it "was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years", how can he say things like this? It sounds like madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Rezident wrote: »
    It looks deliberate, he smashed the ball against RVP's head form very close range, it was nasty but Ferguson saying it could have killed him is just barmy. Ferguson said it "was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years", how can he say things like this? It sounds like madness.

Well if Ferguson said it, then it must be right. He has to have a go at someone when things do not go right for him. The referee at half time and his comments later. Diplomacy not one of his strong points.
    It was just one of those games, he is a young referee, but really, what a performance.

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20831217

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Nowhere for the bullets to hit after being riddled by 35 million Andy Carroll bullets.

At least we will get back 40% of Carroll transfer fee :)

But let compare it to a striker SAF decided to buy.

bebe_14000.jpg

United will probably be lucky to get back 20% of his transfer fee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah it was nice of SAF to do the charitable thing and give Bebe a life after the way he had been living!

• Advertisement

At least we will get back 40% of Carroll transfer fee :)

But let compare it to a striker SAF decided to buy.

bebe_14000.jpg

United will probably be lucky to get back 20% of his transfer fee :D
    40%??
    Lol, be lucky to get 10m for a crock who barely scores when he's fit nevermind the zero goal return you get from the treatment table.

Advertisement