Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Man Utd KO 1:30 SS1. Mod not #307

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Lol. Sure it is. Luckily your opinion (genuine or otherwise) isn't worth a cent.

Hey, I'm just backing up fergies opinion with some facts

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You might have to try harder....I don't think he gets humour.
    john47832 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm just backing up fergies opinion with some facts

Hard to tell the **** from the ****e in this discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Benimar wrote: »
    I know that all 'real' fans must defend their team at all costs, be they Man U, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers etc, but this is just a new low.

How can anyone take this 'attempted murder' seriously?? Ferguson over-reacted, big deal. It's his MO after a poor result. Why do people feel the need to defend a ridiculous statement just because of who made it?

If a Reading defender hit a Sunderland player in the head with the ball and MON came out and claimed it was attempted murder the entire site would be in fits of laughter.
    I don't recall anybody saying Fergie was right in saying it could have killed him, it was a complete overreaction for reasons only he himself would know.

Fergie is being laughed at and made fun of so I don't see the difference in it being MON :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Ah the definition of success. ABUs scraping the bottom of the barrel to try get a dig in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I thought it was intentional. I'd very confident of that, and any blow to the head can kill someone.

Fergie doesn't link the 2 though so talk of Fergie accusing Williams of attempted murder is as laughable as the idea that it was attempted murder.

Williams has done something (slightly) dangerous in anger. He's not gonna get a ban, nor is Fergie. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Nah, he obviously tried to decapitate poor Robin and fergie is well within his rights to take this one all the way to the criminal courts

and also the trip when he got up was a penalty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuRHCNrgEs

Williams isnt even looking at RVP......intent is questionable at best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fergie distracts the masses from Uniteds draw with Swansea.

Oh that Fergie, its almost like he knows what he's doing,

Fergie distracts the masses from Uniteds draw with Swansea.

Oh that Fergie, its almost like he knows what he's doing,
    Given United's recent form I doubt too much emphasis would have been placed on a draw in a difficult away game anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuRHCNrgEs

Williams isnt even looking at RVP......intent is questionable at best

yes, questionable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

cambo2008 wrote: »
    I don't recall anybody saying Fergie was right in saying it could have killed him, it was a complete overreaction for reasons only he himself would know.

Fergie is being laughed at and made fun of so I don't see the difference in it being MON :confused:

The point is that no one would try justify the comments if it wasn't Ferguson. If you don't think some people are trying to do that, you should read the Man U thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

CSF wrote: »
    I thought it was intentional. I'd very confident of that, and any blow to the head can kill someone.

Fergie doesn't link the 2 though so talk of Fergie accusing Williams of attempted murder is as laughable as the idea that it was attempted murder.

Williams has done something (slightly) dangerous in anger. He's not gonna get a ban, nor is Fergie. Move on.

While I agree with you, if an argument is to be made re a blow to the head then surely the next step is to ban walls for "player safety" and make players especially keepers wear helmets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

killwill wrote: »
    Ah the definition of success. ABUs scraping the bottom of the barrel to try get a dig in.

Nope, people are just pointing out that your manager made an idiotic statement, whilst also being well aware of why he did it. Every time Man U don't get the expected result he deflects attention.

While I agree with you, if an argument is to be made re a blow to the head then surely the next step is to ban walls for "player safety" and make players especially keepers wear helmets
    Maybe it is, but I wouldn't be for it myself. A degree of risk is to be expected in most sports, I'm just against footballers increasing that level of risk on their fellow pros in unnecessary ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Ferguson should get a ban though in my opinion for his
    "I know he is a young referee but dear me what a performance that was."

I think thats an awful comment to make and any other manager would be in trouble

Iang87 wrote: »

Ferguson should get a ban though in my opinion for his
    "I know he is a young referee but dear me what a performance that was."

I think thats an awful comment to make and any other manager would be in trouble
    I've seen managers say and get away with saying worse, if anything there is less discussion when the lesser managers say these things because nobody gives a ****e about Tony Pulis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I've seen managers say and get away with saying worse, if anything there is less discussion when the lesser managers say these things because nobody gives a ****e about Tony Pulis.

nah we're going to meet a wall here. I think ferguson gets away with murder for comments about refs both before and after games where other managers dont but it looks like we both wont change our opinions

nah we're going to meet a wall here. I think ferguson gets away with murder for comments about refs both before and after games where other managers dont but it looks like we both wont change our opinions
    I agree with you to an extent, some other managers don't do it, but other managers do, and at this stage you nearly have to question the honesty of a ref to get a ban. Criticising refs in the after match press conference has become far more common place than it should be allowed be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Those new SAF categorizations in full.

Kicking ball at player = attempted murder.

Elbowing = attempted decapitation.

Tackle from behind = attempted crippling/attempted buggery

Shirt pulling = violent assault/attempted buggery

Time wasting = attempt to subvert the entire time/space continuum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In the spirit of South Park.

3sbkg9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

20 October 2003 – Two match touchline ban and fined £10,000 after using abusive and/or insulting words towards fourth official Jeff Winter.[97]
    14 December 2007 – Two match touchline ban and fined £5,000 after using abusive and/or insulting words towards Mark Clattenburg.[98]
    18 November 2008 – Two match touchline ban and fined £10,000 after confronting Mike Dean after a game.[99]
    12 November 2009 – Four match touchline ban (two suspended) and fined £20,000 for comments made about the fitness of Alan Wiley.[100]
    16 March 2011 – Five match touchline ban (three plus the two suspended for the above offence) and fined £30,000 for comments made questioning the performance and fairness of Martin Atkinson.[101]

He talks a lot about refs but he doesn't get away with it. That's 15 games he's been banned for over the last ten years and he might get another ban for yesterday. I'm sure rival fans will say it should be at least double that but it's just dumb to say he gets away it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just my brief 2c on game yesterday.

I have seen some give Rooney a hard time, but he worked his socks of yesterday. Really did. Poor performance, but not from lack of effort.

Valencia was muck. De Gea is super duper. When Giggs was coming on you could actually see lot of United fans shaking their heads in utter disgust. Michu is different gravy. Not seen the Williams incident since and being honest I dont give a hoot at this stage.

Was enjoyable game though have to say. Liberty is a little peach of stadium. Class ground really generates a good atmosphere.

Its hard to fault Swansea though when you can by bottles of beer for £1. and they still have savage Kebab shops!! hmmmm Mixed Doner! yummy!!! Better then any Turkey xmas dinner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Most dangerous thing hes ever seen was it?

He must have totally wiped the court case where hes son Darren was convicted of battering hes wife and kicking her in the stomach!

You do make me laugh Fergie!

He must have totally wiped the court case where hes son Darren was convicted of battering hes wife and kicking her in the stomach!

0NZO4.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20833433
    "He should be banned for a long time because that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years.

Unlucky, better luck next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So no comments were made about Rodgers after he claimed Gerrard was assaulted in the box vs Spurs?

Only Fergies comments are hyped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Blatter wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20833433

Unlucky, better luck next year.

So maybe he did see hes son so!

What is more likely to kill someone though, an inflated ball to the head or a grown man kicking a woman on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

IvySlayer wrote: »
    So no comment were made about Rodgers after he claimed Gerrard was assaulted in the box vs Spurs?

Only Fergies comments are hyped.

Well I'm sure if he said Gerrard could have died from the assault it would have been hyped more.

What is more likely to kill someone though, an inflated ball to the head or a grown man kicking a woman on the ground?

What does it matter? Ferguson never compared the two incidents so I don't know why you are. Oh wait, I kinda do...

Who got Sky MOM yesterday does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i think it was Williams? im not sure though....and the comments made by Ferguson are funny but some people here are blowing it way out of proportion.

have a laugh about it and move on.

• Advertisement

Kemy Agustien.

markie29 wrote: »
    i think it was Williams? im not sure though....and the comments made by Ferguson are funny but some people here are blowing it way out of proportion.

have a laugh about it and move on.

You seem to have that the wrong way round pal -> ferguson blew it out of proportion, the comments on here are funny... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

You seem to have that the wrong way round pal -> ferguson blew it out of proportion, the comments on here are funny... :D

i agree..no need for those comments either from him.

Advertisement