Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The venue wicklow town

Options
  • 23-12-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I was in this club friday night the 21th of dec and it was an absolute disgrace. They had booked in some function full of kids and i mean kids. 16 year olds and the likes. They were vomiting in bins,sinks,flower pots and even urinating on the dance floor. They had to lock the doors at one stage stopping the regulars from going in because they were full. The security staff seemed to be minimal with 1 foreign national being like a dog.
    This club should not be depended on for a good night out in fact it should be closed down without delay. I'd have to question how they even got a license to operate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

I was in this club friday night the 21th of dec and it was an absolute disgrace. They had booked in some function full of kids and i mean kids. 16 year olds and the likes. They were vomiting in bins,sinks,flower pots and even urinating on the dance floor. They had to lock the doors at one stage stopping the regulars from going in because they were full. The security staff seemed to be minimal with 1 foreign national being like a dog.
    This club should not be depended on for a good night out in fact it should be closed down without delay. I'd have to question how they even got a license to operate.

I couldn't agree more with the above poster. I was also there that night with my friends. We arrived at half eleven and the place was packed at that stage with kids (that's under 18's) falling around drunk. Apart from the music in the club, all that could be heard was the sound of glass breaking everywhere with bottles and glasses getting dropped every few seconds. We ordered a round and headed for the smoking area as we thought it might be safer. We were wrong. The smoking area was even worse. I heard numerous boasts in the smoking area of how they had managed to get in even though they weren't 18. Again there was bottles and glasses being dropped everywhere. We left our drinks there and left the Venue in favour of another spot that isn't the equivalent of a Storm teenage disco with alcohol thrown in. While deciding where to go outside the Venue, we were approached by two 15/16 year olds who could hardly stand, looking to get a cigarette from us. When we refused them, they drunkenly climbed over the railings into the smoking area and proceeded to stagger around the club. I alerted a bouncer to this fact only for him to shrug his shoulders at me.

If you are an adult and looking for a late beer in Wicklow town, my advice is avoid the Venue unless you want to be surrounded by drunken under 18 year olds. The promotions company that run the nights in the Venue should advertise the fact that some of the events that they run are nothing more than a teenage disco with alcohol thrown in.

On a positive note, I'm glad to say that I was on their so called 'cheaplist' that night and only managed to waste 5 euro on admission to the club. I also was happy to see the Guards arresting some of the drunken teenagers as the night went on.

I would love to know when their drink licence is up for renewal as would have no hesitation in lodging an objection, based on the fact that the Venue serves drink to under 18's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

my advice is avoid the Venue unless you want to be surrounded by drunken under 18 year olds.
    where is this place again?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Lima Alpha One

where is this place again?
    The Venue nightclub in The Grand Hotel, Wicklow town.

Forgot to say they obviously don't want you knowing about their antics as they delete any bad comment about the night on their various Facebook pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Cool, and what nights is it open this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blindgemini

the place is a kip plain and simple...kids everywhere, people too drunk to function, fighting in it regularly and some of the laziest security staff ive ever came across....bar staff arent up to the task either, just cos the bouncer let the minors in doesnt mean u can serve them...ask for id...its a part of the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

the place is a kip plain and simple...kids everywhere, people too drunk to function, fighting in it regularly and some of the laziest security staff ive ever came across....bar staff arent up to the task either, just cos the bouncer let the minors in doesnt mean u can serve them...ask for id...its a part of the job.
    I wonder has this place been reported to the guards. Just looking back and from i hear i dont think its the security/bar staffs fault. I beleive there was a booking from a company from dublin who ****ed up and staff were under orders to let them in and serve them.
    I cant speak about the other nights though.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

I see this place is still holding these events.I lodged a formal complaint with the guards but dont think it came of anything

Advertisement