Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techflow QT45 Shower Pump Failure...

• 23-12-2012 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

It seems like my Shower pump stopped working yesterday. First thing I noticed was it made strange noises as if it were turning on and then off again repeatedly. Then it stopped and I thought all was well.

The next day - no shower :(

I've read a few things about 'air locks' and I tried cutting the power, turning the water valves open and turning it on (but no luck). It sometimes makes a loud 'hum' noise but it doesn't sound good.

There is a three led display on the device, but it's hard to see. It also has a reset button (which I pressed but to no effect). The red 'failure' light is on, but I've tried some Google searching but haven't had any luck with the results. I found the installation guide that says to turn the 'pressure screw' on top of the control unit counterclockwise until the light goes off, but I've turned it as far as it can go in both directions and the light remains on.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be able to do to get it working? Or does it just need to be replaced?

IMG_20121223_104529.jpgIMG_20121223_104544.jpgIMG_20121223_104559.jpg

Finally, if I need to replace it - is it as simple as going to B&Q and getting one of these?

Untitled.jpg

I'm having a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone with the holidays but would really like to be able to take a shower :) If it's just a matter of turning off the water, removing the old one and putting in a new one; I might be able to manage that myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

You could open the screws at the sides and see if there's anything stuck in the impellers and how it's spinning.

Turn off power and water beforehand.

I'd stay away from b and q pumps there noisy and crap.

Prob twice the price but the only shower pump I'd fit is a grundfos one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

UCDVet wrote: »
    It seems like my Shower pump stopped working yesterday. First thing I noticed was it made strange noises as if it were turning on and then off again repeatedly. Then it stopped and I thought all was well.

The next day - no shower :(

I've read a few things about 'air locks' and I tried cutting the power, turning the water valves open and turning it on (but no luck). It sometimes makes a loud 'hum' noise but it doesn't sound good.

There is a three led display on the device, but it's hard to see. It also has a reset button (which I pressed but to no effect). The red 'failure' light is on, but I've tried some Google searching but haven't had any luck with the results. I found the installation guide that says to turn the 'pressure screw' on top of the control unit counterclockwise until the light goes off, but I've turned it as far as it can go in both directions and the light remains on.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I might be able to do to get it working? Or does it just need to be replaced?

IMG_20121223_104529.jpgIMG_20121223_104544.jpgIMG_20121223_104559.jpg

Finally, if I need to replace it - is it as simple as going to B&Q and getting one of these?

Untitled.jpg

I'm having a lot of trouble getting in touch with anyone with the holidays but would really like to be able to take a shower :) If it's just a matter of turning off the water, removing the old one and putting in a new one; I might be able to manage that myself.

If you are in Dublin, ring the shower doctor in the morning, monday they should b able to help, they are in Park West Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Prob twice the price but the only shower pump I'd fit is a grundfos one

Those Watermill pumps are made by Grundfos just branded Watermill, but your probably right about the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Those Watermill pumps are made by Grundfos just branded Watermill, but your probably right about the price.

Couldn't be the same parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hi UCD, those Techflow pumps are not great and they are getting harder to obtain parts for. I have sent you a PM of a chap in Dublin who repairs pumps, he is the only person I know who carries any parts for them. Most likely its the PCB or the capacitor gone on that one.
    TBH, I would bin the Techflow and buy a new pump (preferably a Stuart Turner), however the one you have is a Negative Head pump and should be replaced with a Negative head pump which can be costly, the BandQ ad is for a Positive Head pump which most likely will not be suitable.
    Maybe the contact I sent you can get a bit more life out of the Techflow for you.
    Best of Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 flynam

Hi UCDVet,

I seem to be having exactly the same issue with the Techflow QT45 shower pump - it started having issues after a power cut yesterday. I was just wondering if you managed to get it working again?

Thanks for the help

Advertisement