Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that me turn OFF the radio pronto.

Options
  • 23-12-2012 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Footloose: Kenny Loggins. Cant stand it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't Stop Believing - Journey

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Candy - Ash. Radio Off or change channel or leave room.

Absolutely feckin hate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

As soon as i hear any jingles on ads, i turn off, sit in silence and in a little while. perhaps remembering to put the radio back about 30 mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Most rap will me changing stations

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If I hear Mumford & Sons or Two Door Cinema club (you know them a mile away because all their songs sound the same) Newstalk/Talksport goes straight on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

If you don't turn ON the radio in the first place you won't have to worry about songs that make you turn OFF the radio pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

That new One Direction song, something about love and love being a sum of two.

Find it all a bit pointless really, millions of love songs out there but tunes like this one just make you think how little creativity some writers have, and I assume 1D don't write their own material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

karaokeman wrote: »
    That new One Direction song, something about love and love being a sum of two.

Find it all a bit pointless really, millions of love songs out there but tunes like this one just make you think how little creativity some writers have, and I assume 1D don't write their own material.

Indeed, the popular music industry, a continuous flow of bland sausages been churned out from the big sausage making factory...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any thing by simply red, or miarah carreys all i want for xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Indeed, the popular music industry, a continuous flow of bland sausages been churned out from the big sausage making factory...

I'd admit a guilty pleasure for a few pop artists (Coldplay, Robbie etc), its just really, really stupid songs like the one I referred to that I really wish they had never been written.

Got into Bat For Lashes, She & Him, Mindy Smith and Pains of Being Pure at Heart recently, just a few examples of modern artists writing good love songs.

Think Thom Yorke said somewhere that love songs have been ruined by mainstream music, nice way of summing it up really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Most rap will me changing stations

The 'rap' songs on the radio aren't really rap songs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Anything by Nicki Minaj. As a wise man once stated, she's a skidmark on the underpants of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The only one that genuinely makes me want to change the station is Black Eyed Peas, Tonights Gonna be a Good night. Puts me in a bad mood how bad that song is.

I have just found out that Bohemian ufcking Rhapsody and Stairway to ufcking Heaven also have that effect,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Get an ipod. Fill it up with music you love. And you'll never have to turn the radio on the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

irish-stew wrote: »
    Any thing by simply red, or miarah carreys all i want for xmas.

here here here with that mariah carey one. i'm not able for it and for the people saying get an ipod, is it not ok to like listening the radio but not love every song they play.e.g. loved listening to foley when he was on lunchtimes but boy did he play bad ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Billy Joel... wonderful song writer...however, his Melody's are far to strong, I noticed several years ago, that whenever I hear one of his tunes,Particularly, River of Dreams, it's in my head for the day, and I mean for the day....continuously..so now when I hear him on the radio...Off it goes...

davylee wrote: »
    here here here with that mariah carey one. i'm not able for it and for the people saying get an ipod, is it not ok to like listening the radio but not love every song they play.e.g. loved listening to foley when he was on lunchtimes but boy did he play bad ****.

I cant help thinking that she says "I dont want a lock for Christmas".....total radio TURN OFF.

Oh, and Band Aid "Throw your arse around the world at Christmas Tam...although I like the song its losing its impact.

kirb42 wrote: »
    Billy Joel... wonderful song writer...however, his Melody's are far to strong, I noticed several years ago, that whenever I hear one of his tunes,Particularly, River of Dreams, it's in my head for the day, and I mean for the day....continuously..so now when I hear him on the radio...Off it goes...

Oh Christ that song was indeed nauseatingly woeful....I will need therapy to get it out of my head now...

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Get an ipod. Fill it up with music you love. And you'll never have to turn the radio on the first place.

There's nothing else like hearing songs on the radio, especially your own...

• Advertisement

RikkFlair wrote: »
    I agree with this to an extent. 70GB of music on your iPod and you're sorted. But even better, get a Spotify subscription and listen to whatever you want.
    There's nothing else like hearing songs on the radio, especially your own...
    Don't know about you but being force-fed uninspiring chart music or classic rock by some annoying DJ though murky sound isn't my idea of enjoying music. I'd rather chill-out with a good album.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

That feckin 'Amarillo.' It happened me today!!!

'Show me the way to ..................

turn off my radio!

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I agree with this to an extent. 70GB of music on your iPod and you're sorted. But even better, get a Spotify subscription and listen to whatever you want.

Don't know about you but being force-fed uninspiring chart music or classic rock by some annoying DJ though murky sound isn't my idea of enjoying music. I'd rather chill-out with a good album.

This is true, but...to hear new sounds u gotta tune into diff wavelengths.

I've been checking out Internet radio over the past year or so, but to cut to the best up and coming I still tune into late night radio.

So still stuck with radio. Still love the ambience and the sense of mass audience.

This is true, but...to hear new sounds u gotta tune into diff wavelengths.

I've been checking out Internet radio over the past year or so, but to cut to the best up and coming I still tune into late night radio.

So still stuck with radio. Still love the ambience and the sense of mass audience.
    I don't think I've discovered any new music from terrestrial radio in about ten years. Internet radio I listen to every so often as you have more choice of what to listen to such as different genres and artists similar to a certain artist etc. I use Last.fm a lot, although I still miss the good ol' days when Pandora was available in Ireland.

My point is you don't need radio at all to discover new music, in fact terrestrial radio is probably the last resource I'd use today. I usually keep an eye on various forums, music websites and blogs and if something catches my attention I might just give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bartel

I think that if you work somewhere where you don't have control over what is played it can really make you hate certain songs - even if you liked them at first. I remember working in an office a few years ago and wanting to throw the radio out the window if 'Crazy in Love' by Beyonce was played for the bazillionth time.

Other songs that I've grown to hate due to over exposure: 'Every Breath You Take' by The Police, 'Moondance' by Van Morrison, 'Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭NedLowry

gammygils wrote: »
    Candy - Ash. Radio Off or change channel or leave room.

Absolutely feckin hate it!!
    How often do you hear this on the radio now? :confused:

As for me; anything by Michael Buble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Hey Ya by Outkast - for a song that's nearly 10 years old, it's still on a fair amount from what I can gather. I hated it then and I hate it now

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

hefferboi wrote: »
    Anything by Nicki Minaj. As a wise man once stated, she's a skidmark on the underpants of society.

Racist.

Although, honestly, quite aptly put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Kings of Leon (?)- Sex on Fire.

Makes me feel shocking levels of rage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Thankfully, we'll get a break from it for the next few months, but that woeful "this is my winter song for you..." DIRGE brings out the worst in me. Shame on O2 for shooting it into popularity. RAGE!

Advertisement