Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Aston Villa FA Premier League K.O 16:00 SS1

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Rami for 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Chelsea on the rampage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just about to say, dont worry, another chance will be along in a min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

How about singing to Rafa "Are you Ancelotti in disguise?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

8...blow it up.

This could have been double figures very easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Eight?!
    "We no need a striker...
    No we don't need a striker..!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

1 more and we are level on the goal difference with Manchesters

1 more and we are level on the goal difference with Manchesters

It could have been 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I think Phil Dowd has been disgraceful with those 2 penalty decisions. There was absolutely no need to award either.

Commentator made an interesting point, was saying Chelsea had now had 12 (soon to be 13) penalties this season, Aston Villa on the other hand have not had a penalty in the league for 12 months almost. There's something seriously wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ah heoure leave it ouuu

Great display from Chelsea, Villa are shocking defensively

karma_ wrote: »
    I think Phil Dowd has been disgraceful with those 2 penalty decisions. There was absolutely no need to award either.

Commentator made an interesting point, was saying Chelsea had now had 12 (soon to be 13) penalties this season, Aston Villa on the other hand have not had a penalty in the league for 12 months almost. There's something seriously wrong with that.

One was definetly a peno the other was soft for a team winning 5,6 up with 15 mins left.

Lamps to get MoM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Either have liverpool and Suarez gets booted around the place every week.

Lamps to get MoM?

Luiz i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Rafa has that midfield as tight as a snakes ass hole now.

I expect Chelsea to seriously push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They were both penalties. You can't suspend the rules of the game just because one team is getting a humping.

Opta Sports on Twitter: "8 - Of the last 18 Premier League games to see a team score 6+ goals, Chelsea are responsible for eight of them. Rampant."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You need to get in to the opposition penalty area before you can have a shot at a peno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

That's a pathetic thing to say. If the ref believes they are fouls he is duty bound to award them.
    If Chelsea end up in the title mix it could come down to goal difference.

Leiva wrote: »
    Rafa has that midfield as tight as a snakes ass hole now.

I expect Chelsea to seriously push on.

TBH, a better side will expose us, Lamps is slow and Luiz goes forward at the wrong times, but hey a good win

TBH, a better side will expose us, Lamps is slow and Luiz goes forward at the wrong times, but hey a good win

Luiz didnt get forward to many times he sat back and covrred the FB's at times, especially Azp.

It could well be his new position as Cahill and Ivan do suit some teams with a physical presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Luiz man of the match surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Wow, such a competitive league :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They were both penalties. You can't suspend the rules of the game just because one team is getting a humping.

Second one was, first one wasn't. Just touching doesn't mean a penalty despite what seems to constantly trotted out these days. But a tiny point overall really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Well in fairness, Villa have been on a great run as of late, the early goal killed them but I would say it was more Chelsea playing a great game rather than Villa being pooe, we just didn't allow them to get inot the game.

Also I am delighted for Piazon to get a run out, he was unlucky not to score that peno but he actually looked very lively when he came on.

Wow, such a competitive league :rolleyes:

It showed the gulf in class, Chelsea are top 3,4 team and Villa are a middle to lower level team.

So a chelsea win was expected amd when team like Villa plays that bad theyed be expected to be punished and they were destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Terrific win, superb performances from so many, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Moses, Oscar and Ramires all excellent as was Piazon. Torres looked lively, great goal and ran the channels the whole time he was in the pitch.

Really encouraging display. A win in our game in hand and suddenly we are only 4 points off Man City, a couple of signings in January and who knows what could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

GavRedKing wrote: »

Luiz i reckon.

Gav regarding Luiz new position in midfield do you think he will remain there going forward. I think he doesn't have the discipline to play CB but he is more suited to CM. it could be a master stroke by Rafa.
    Also it's great to see Torress playing back on form that header was pure class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Rafa has already set Chelsea's record CL win (6-0) and equalled their record top-flight win (8-0). #boringfootball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Rafa Rafael, Rafa Rafael, Rafael Benitez!

Gav regarding Luiz new position in midfield do you think he will remain there going forward. I think he doesn't have the discipline to play CB but he is more suited to CM. it could be a master stroke by Rafa.
    Also it's great to see Torress playing back on form that header was pure class.

I think until the summer that could well be his position.

We dont need a cm if Luiz can put in good performances in there. Some games he'll be played there and some games he'll be needed at CB.

Id love to see him in CM and it shows Rafa has at least taking the gamble but until Luiz plays in there against a top team we cant really judge him but the signs are good so far IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Interesting footnote. Today's match was the first time seven different players had scored for the same team in a single Premier League match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Luiz did lots of good stuff but he did still get caught on the ball loads in bad areas today. The thing with playing that position is that you really can't afford that player to be giving the ball away or get caught in possession as when it's turned over in that area of the field teams are running directly at your back four. Of course it's all new to him and it will take time for him to grow into the role if he's going to play that position going forward but at the moment I would worry about him against the better teams.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

opr wrote: »
    Luiz did lots of good stuff but he did still get caught on the ball loads in bad areas today. The thing with playing that position is that you really can't afford that player to be giving the ball away or get caught in possession as when it's turned over in that area of the field teams are running directly at your back four. Of course it's all new to him and it will take time for him to grow into the role if he's going to play that position going forward but at the moment I would worry about him against the better teams.

Opr

but our other midfielders lamps, mikel and ramires all give away the ball just as much (it's gonna happen when you play in mid) but luiz has the passing ability that none of the other options have. So for me it's a no brainer, luiz should be in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Saw this and thought it funny, prob been posted already, but I didn't see it.

188652_399249573490364_1282851968_n.jpg

Advertisement