Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch the bloody weather guys..

• 23-12-2012 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

And safe riding over the Christmas.

Left work night before last with a mate, the rain lashing down and the wind blowing hard.

I almost didn't see the Artane Roundabout because of the weather (nope riding fast doesn't always blow the rain off your vizor!!) and had a little heart stopping moment..

Anyway ~ myself and the mate went our separate ways, and he'd a terrible crash in Dún Laoghaire..

He's being operated on this morning, broken nose & cheek, broken ribs and a broken/smashed ankle.

A few of us are taking a little ride out on St.Stephens Day and dropping into the hospital :D

So take care guys, the road is an unforgiving bitch & best wishes Bren ~ DDMC (Wicklow) Prospect.

Merry Christmas all.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

GWS to your mate, that's pretty rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Heard about that alright Makikomi. GWS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Gusts of wind around midlands last night was something else. I thought i would wake this morning with the roof of my shed gone. Get well soon to your mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Sounded very windy last night alright. If a gust catches you wrong it can easily move you into oncoming traffic.
    I remember coming down the m50 once and was blown from the left lane into the right lane, almost wet my pants.
    Hope your mate is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sorry to hear that about the mate Makikomi hopefully he will be back to his best real soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The best crashes are the ones you get to talk about. Best to luck to Bren, get well soon :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

GWS to your friend Makikomi and be careful out there, folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks lads, I'll be seeing him tomorrow (St.Stephens day).. KTRIC he's one of the Gypsy crowd so you might know his face/bike (883 Sportster).

Merry Christmas all, I'm off out to work then a gargle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

took the fazer for a spin to out to howth and back around on christmas eve, round 10pm.

road were great, visibility was great, very little traffic.

just nice to get out and chill (literally, i didnt bother with bike pants :/ )

kaimera wrote: »
    took the fazer for a spin to out to howth and back around on christmas eve, round 10pm.

road were great, visibility was great, very little traffic.

just nice to get out and chill (literally, i didnt bother with bike pants :/ )

Don't be caught out with the changable weather conditions on Howth at this time of year, esp. in the evening when you don't notice the cloud base is low and the roads get greasy.

• Advertisement

Coming down Raheny hill this evening about 8pm and lost control of the GSX, I was skidding and slipping every which way to gain control and a car in front was braking. Through some sort of miracle I managed to stop just before his bumper !! Scared the heart out of my chest and all the lights on the bike were flashing, I think it thought it was in a crash !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

KTRIC wrote: »
    Coming down Raheny hill this evening about 8pm and lost control of the GSX, I was skidding and slipping every which way to gain control and a car in front was braking. Through some sort of miracle I managed to stop just before his bumper !! Scared the heart out of my chest and all the lights on the bike were flashing, I think it thought it was in a crash !!.

You were very lucky mate. Glad to hear you didn't have an off. Woulda been a shame to damage that gorgeous bike of yours too! ;)

Rascal, you were probably riding the tits off her :p

Merry Christmas :D

Rascal, you were probably riding the tits off her :p

Merry Christmas :D

LOL, thats beside the point !! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Did you use your back brake? My 1400 is a hoor for locking up the back...

Well done keeping it together. I'd be in the absolute horrors if anything happened to mine.

cantdecide wrote: »
    Did you use your back brake? My 1400 is a hoor for locking up the back...

Well done keeping it together. I'd be in the absolute horrors if anything happened to mine.

It did lock for a mo, its far too easy to do and doesn't really help with the braking in general. Those front anchors are excellent though :D

Just home from a six hour spin around north county Dublin and the wind was dreadful, so much so that a lad on a GS had to avoid a run on the M1 on the way home opting to ride through Swords as its sheltered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Drove back from Monasterevin to Blanchardstown just over 1 hours ago. The wind was picking up in places, especially in some of the exposed areas on the N7. But overall, it seems quite calm out.

Biggest danger I think is all those drunk drivers out there. They seem to be everywhere at this time of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Drove from Galway city to north west Connemara, the R344 was a bit hairy but most problems were around the city

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement