Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Media caused the suicide of a politician?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

state would save even more if the caree paid for the service out of their own pocket and if they can afford to , they should

It's 99% people looking after family members who are seriously ill, and end up having to quit jobs etc. As another poster said, it saves the state money as the carers allowance is a lot less than paying for private nurses or whatever. You would need to be a fairly high net worth individual to be able to afford to pay for a private carer if incapacitated I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

state would save even more if the caree paid for the service out of their own pocket and if they can afford to , they should

It's not a carees allowance though.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

the minority of people who dont kneel before nurses and guards on this site are rounded on pretty quickly

some professions are given sacred cow status in this country

at the other end of the spectrum are politicans who it has been decided are fair game for being universally treated with contempt

I agree. While some politicians have made mistakes, there is a relentless campaign against tahem, by likes of Vincent Browne,Frontline and Whineline earning a fortune from RTE. And of course "papers" like Mail mand Sindo. Lovely to see huge libel awards against them at time.
    A person would need head examined to go into politics now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Good loser

Howlin said it's £58 per week in the North.

Believe it's over €200 per week here plus the respite grant of €1,300.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

that shouldnt have been cut for those on low incomes or entitlements but i see no reason why an elderly person with a 600 euro per week pension should not pay for their own carer

i am elderly, my pension is 193 euro per week please tell me how the fcuk i can EXIST with these cuts, would you please swop lifestyles with me for three (3) months, then come back here on boards and post such drivel, it is very easy to swop for one week, but twelve ah thats different,

• Site Banned Posts: 48 goose_gladwell

flutered wrote: »
    i am elderly, my pension is 193 euro per week please tell me how the fcuk i can EXIST with these cuts, would you please swop lifestyles with me for three (3) months, then come back here on boards and post such drivel, it is very easy to swop for one week, but twelve ah thats different,

do you know the difference between 600 per week and 193 , i said those on large pensions should pay themselves

besides , your not on 193 per week , the non contributory is 219 while the contributory is 230

only people getting less than 219 are those with other income or assetts

It's 99% people looking after family members who are seriously ill, and end up having to quit jobs etc. As another poster said, it saves the state money as the carers allowance is a lot less than paying for private nurses or whatever. You would need to be a fairly high net worth individual to be able to afford to pay for a private carer if incapacitated I'd imagine.

a lot of people availing of state funded carers are not incapacitated , they might be a bit stiff , the bar isnt that high in terms if disability

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

that makes no sense , its the caree who is the beneficary of state help - funding
    a lot of people availing of state funded carers are not incapacitated , they might be a bit stiff , the bar isnt that high in terms if disability

I don't think you are actually aware of what it takes for someone to be assessed as being in need of a carer and what is involved in the carer getting the allowance

To qualify as being incapacitated and in need of a carer the caree must
    He or she is so incapacitated as to require continuous supervision in order to avoid danger to him or herself or continual supervision and frequent assistance throughout the day in connection with normal bodily functions, and
    He or she is so incapacitated as to be likely to require full-time care and attention for a period of at least twelve months.

The grant which was cut was the biggest percentage cut of any item in the budget. Carers work 24/7/365 the purpose of that grant was to enable them to have a break while still being able to fund/provide care to their caree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I have seen some of the comments regarding Mr McEntee and I am far from a fine gael supporter, the comments I seen were from anti government types who just pounced on the issue at hand and were like animals tearing at a carcass it didnt matter who owned the carcass, most of these comments have been removed (f--king cowards).
    It reminded me of another great GAA man who passed away last week, when Paidi O se made the comments about the Kerry supporters he too was taken up wrong and slaughtered.
    I met Shane McEntee on two occasions and both times he came across as a very caring gentleman, I quizzed him on an issue I had and his response was very genuine.
    We are all human and make mistakes, unfortunately he took things to heart and it just seems to have got the better of him.
    Its a sad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Good loser wrote: »

I wouldn't believe a word Brendan howlin says so would you mind posting a link to back up what you're saying?

Especially since he spent 6 months farting about looking at civil servants cushy extra allowances and decided in the end to leave 99% of them in place

• Advertisement

macadam wrote: »
    I have seen some of the comments regarding Mr McEntee and I am far from a fine gael supporter, the comments I seen were from anti government types who just pounced on the issue at hand and were like animals tearing at a carcass it didnt matter who owned the carcass, most of these comments have been removed (f--king cowards).
    It reminded me of another great GAA man who passed away last week, when Paidi O se made the comments about the Kerry supporters he too was taken up wrong and slaughtered.
    I met Shane McEntee on two occasions and both times he came across as a very caring gentleman, I quizzed him on an issue I had and his response was very genuine.
    We are all human and make mistakes, unfortunately he took things to heart and it just seems to have got the better of him.
    Its a sad situation.

the kind of low lifes who annonymously heaped scorn on deputy mc entee are the kind i refered to earlier

leeches who never worked a day in their lives yet are proud as punch - bold as brass in their demands for the state to cater to their every need and whim

petulant spoiled brats who think the world owes them a living

personal responsibility is now a dirty word in todays ireland , those with a solid work ethic are mocked , those shrill cretins who howl when thier benefits are cut are lauded and eulogised

sick country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I agree. While some politicians have made mistakes, there is a relentless campaign against tahem, by likes of Vincent Browne,Frontline and Whineline earning a fortune from RTE. And of course "papers" like Mail mand Sindo. Lovely to see huge libel awards against them at time.

If it were'nt for the likes of Vincent Browne,Frontline,Mail and Sindo, the likes of Bertie,Harney,McCreevy,Fitzy,Fingers,Ronan,McNamara and indeed the real 'Paddy the Plasterer' would still be robbing the country blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

washman3 wrote: »
    If it were'nt for the likes of Vincent Browne,Frontline,Mail and Sindo, the likes of Bertie,Harney,McCreevy,Fitzy,Fingers,Ronan,McNamara and indeed the real 'Paddy the Plasterer' would still be robbing the country blind.

While that may be (partially) true, this eye for an eye attitude is contributing in creating a sea of negativity and gloom in Ireland. This kills the opportunity for us to progress as a nation; instead we just sit and sob into our pints and spend more of our time looking for someone to hang, instead of actually doing something constructive about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

I suppose everyone has an agenda. Pity really,

leggo wrote: »
    While that may be (partially) true, this eye for an eye attitude is contributing in creating a sea of negativity and gloom in Ireland. This kills the opportunity for us to progress as a nation; instead we just sit and sob into our pints and spend more of our time looking for someone to hang, instead of actually doing something constructive about it.

Sure it is, nothing to do with the 62 billion worth of private debt that our great politicians have decided to saddle the electorate.

Maybe get your head out of the sand before you start giving advice

And?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They seem to be queuing up to go into politics regardless.
    It must be the perks then.

do you know the difference between 600 per week and 193 , i said those on large pensions should pay themselves

besides , your not on 193 per week , the non contributory is 219 while the contributory is 230

only people getting less than 219 are those with other income or assetts
    ew
    ah yes we have another newbie who knows it all, yes it happens all the time on message boards, when something different or shall i say new is being debated newbies come on board with the gov/official view, most i believe are pr folk,
    you state that i am not on 193 lids each week, thank you for the raise, can i have it backdated please, i am in recipt of the invility pension which is 193 euro per week, i have to tax my car, i have to insure both my car and my house, i have to heat my house, oh yeah i do eat, not well but i eat, drink, ocassionally i have a visitor who brings a tipple, sky or upc nah they are luxurys, now there are other ways of reducing my income on the horozion, property tax, well jail here i come, or will it be deducted from the 193 lids,
    i have posted here and on other fourms, the imf came into a country there were three classes, the upper class, the middle class and the poor, when they left they were two classes, the very rich and the very poor, ie russia and argentina are the best examples, greece are next.

ew
    ah yes we have another newbie who knows it all, yes it happens all the time on message boards, when something different or shall i say new is being debated newbies come on board with the gov/official view, most i believe are pr folk,
    you state that i am not on 193 lids each week, thank you for the raise, can i have it backdated please, i am in recipt of the invility pension which is 193 euro per week, i have to tax my car, i have to insure both my car and my house, i have to heat my house, oh yeah i do eat, not well but i eat, drink, ocassionally i have a visitor who brings a tipple, sky or upc nah they are luxurys, now there are other ways of reducing my income on the horozion, property tax, well jail here i come, or will it be deducted from the 193 lids,
    i have posted here and on other fourms, the imf came into a country there were three classes, the upper class, the middle class and the poor, when they left they were two classes, the very rich and the very poor, ie russia and argentina are the best examples, greece are next.

you should have been more specific , my mother is on the widows pension and also recieves around 185 per week

i thought you were refering to the old age pension but thats all beside the point really

i stated that i was opposed to cutting the carrers allowance for people on low incomes , i stated this quite clearly , i still say that someone with a large pension or income who needs assistance should pay for it themselves , money is for spending regardless of the health status of an individual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Maybe if some sort of justice was done or at least even seen to be done then it would we much easier to progress. its now 4 years into the crisis and the only person in prison is a pensioner from Fermanagh (but out for Christmas) while the real architects of the crash are either retired on massive pensions or protected by a complicit and incompetent government.

M three wrote: »
    Sure it is, nothing to do with the 62 billion worth of private debt that our great politicians have decided to saddle the electorate.

Maybe get your head out of the sand before you start giving advice

You need to read my whole post (it wasn't even a long one, come on man) before you accuse me of having my head in the sand. I used the word 'contributing' there. Of course, it's not solely to blame. But you can't write off the electorate's part to play in creating this mess.

It's not as if FF muscled their way into power: we elected them and happily re-elected them. Then elected FG and Labour with a huge majority.

WE put these people in power. WE ignored the warning signs. WE are the only people with any ability to change anything. And yet all WE seem to do is complain and abuse those same people we considered capable of solving our problems less than two years ago.

washman3 wrote: »
    Maybe if some sort of justice was done or at least even seen to be done then it would we much easier to progress. its now 4 years into the crisis and the only person in prison is a pensioner from Fermanagh (but out for Christmas) while the real architects of the crash are either retired on massive pensions or protected by a complicit and incompetent government.

if the rescession never happened , do you think people would care if crookery went on , like hell they would

people are annoyed that thier wellfare and wages have been cut and thats all

banks or no banks the property bubble was what made wages and wellfare affordable to the degree they were and that was unsustainable , the countrys wealth was a sham , a mirrage , bankers who broke the law should be punished but cuts to wellfare and wages is nesscessery regardless

both are still high by european standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You need to read my whole post (it wasn't even a long one, come on man) before you accuse me of having my head in the sand. I used the word 'contributing' there. Of course, it's not solely to blame. But you can't write off the electorate's part to play in creating this mess.

It's not as if FF muscled their way into power: we elected them and happily re-elected them. Then elected FG and Labour with a huge majority.

WE put these people in power. WE ignored the warning signs. WE are the only people with any ability to change anything. And yet all WE seem to do is complain and abuse those same people we considered capable of solving our problems less than two years ago.

FG continued to implement FF policy. That has people angry imo.

you should have been more specific , my mother is on the widows pension and also recieves around 185 per week

i thought you were refering to the old age pension but thats all beside the point really

i stated that i was opposed to cutting the carrers allowance for people on low incomes , i stated this quite clearly , i still say that someone with a large pension or income who needs assistance should pay for it themselves , money is for spending regardless of the health status of an individual

specific its a bit late to be coming out with such schite, you labled people, now you are coming on about your mother, kildare street welcomes you, my gas is out so i am off to bed, as back in the day, overcoats on ttop f the blankets for heat in a damm cold room, your office will be warm in the morning, as is your apartment is now, or perhaps your house.

Oh but I did read your whole post and yes you're right, it wasn't very substantive.
    Yes they were elected based on commitments they gave, on actions they said they would carry out.
    Thing is though they lied.
    How are we to blame for that?
    It's a bit difficult wouldn't you agree when you have a bunch of politicians who lie to get into power, and then sell their own people down the river with say the small matter of 62 billion worth of someone else's debt.

• Advertisement

if the rescession never happened , do you think people would care if crookery went on , like hell they would

banks or no banks the property bubble was what made wages and wellfare affordable to the degree they were and that was unsustainable , the countrys wealth was a sham , a mirrage , bankers who broke the law should be punished but cuts to wellfare and wages is nesscessery regardless

As are our politicians wages and the cost of our civil service.
    I'd like you to point out where you have been as vocal about cutting those, as you have been about cutting the allowance given to individuals who mind sick people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tonedef wrote: »
    No but what is needed, in my view, is some form of validation of a users identity on any social media site that's has the purpose of offering people of forum to share their view on politics, economics, etc....
    If you feel strongly enough about your view to express them to the public online then why not put your name to it.

Take a look at the comments section on thejournal.ie or breakingnews.ie for an example of what I mean

Right ok?

Is your real name tonedef?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

When someone is specific you either duck the question or change the goal posts.
    First you stated you disagree with any state interference expect police, border control and legal framework, a proper 'I'm alright so to hell with everyone else attitude'.
    Then it's 'means test the allowance', when you are then shown it is means tested you go on about carees with money despite the fact it is quite clearly a carers allowance, carers being the Important word here.
    Only people on low incomes are eligible for the carers allowance, how is that so hard to understand?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JRant wrote: »
    First you stated you disagree with any state interference expect police, border control and legal framework, a proper 'I'm alright so to hell with everyone else attitude'.
    Then it's 'means test the allowance', when you are then shown it is means tested you go on about carees with money despite the fact it is quite clearly a carers allowance, carers being the Important word here.
    Only people on low incomes are eligible for the carers allowance, how is that so hard to understand?

Doesn't appear goose wants to understand, any points that sensibly refute what they say are glossed over

What do you mean by "banks or no banks"?
    You do realise who was funding the property bubble, with the political class adding fuel to the fire.
    Actual upon reading some of your posts, you probably don't.

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Doesn't appear goose wants to understand, any points that sensibly refute what they say are glossed over

Not surprising, 40 odd posts and goose keeps preaching slash and burn the carers as he thinks they're all millionaires.
    If goose ever needs looking after in this country he'll quickly realise that he was talking out of his rear end

Not surprising, 40 odd posts and goose keeps preaching slash and burn the carers as he thinks they're all millionaires.
    If goose ever needs looking after in this country he'll quickly realise that he was talking out of his rear end

What gets me is that these carers give everything they have to look after a loved one. Yet it's okay to slash them but heaven forbid a few politicians get a bit of stick for standing in front of those who elect them and lie straight to their faces.

Yes they were elected based on commitments they gave, on actions they said they would carry out.
    Thing is though they lied.
    How are we to blame for that?

This has all been discussed, ad nauseum. McWilliams was giving an almost blow-by-blow prediction of how our economic bubble would burst. He wasn't quiet about it...yet it was ignored.

Damning testimony after testimony came in against Bertie in the run up to the 2007 election...it was ignored and FF re-elected.

Anyone who actually looked at FG's pre-election economic policy could see it was essentially Fianna Fail with apologies and what happened? Oh, they got one of the largest majority coalitions in the state's history.

How many more wrong decisions do the electorate need to make before you stop putting the blame on others? Or is it the government's fault that people aren't arsed to take a stand in how their own lives are run?

Quit whingeing and get off your arse if you want change. You sound like a 17-year old on Facebook blathering about 'da guverment'.

This has all been discussed, ad nauseum. McWilliams was giving an almost blow-by-blow prediction of how our economic bubble would burst. He wasn't quiet about it...yet it was ignored.

Damning testimony after testimony came in against Bertie in the run up to the 2007 election...it was ignored and FF re-elected.

Anyone who actually looked at FG's pre-election economic policy could see it was essentially Fianna Fail with apologies and what happened? Oh, they got one of the largest majority coalitions in the state's history.

How many more wrong decisions do the electorate need to make before you stop putting the blame on others? Or is it the government's fault that people aren't arsed to take a stand in how their own lives are run?

Quit whingeing and get off your arse if you want change. You sound like a 17-year old on Facebook blathering about 'da guverment'.

I didn't vote for either of them.
    However looking at one of your previous posts it seems you did.
    Maybe practise what you preach, and learn how to spell government while you're at it.
    Like I said earlier this current government was elected based on the commitments they gave, most of which they've now broken.
    Lets say leggo is in a restaurant and orders a steak, but instead the waiter brings you a pile of sh*te on the plate, how is that your fault?

What gets me is that these carers give everything they have to look after a loved one. Yet it's okay to slash them but heaven forbid a few politicians get a bit of stick for standing in front of those who elect them and lie straight to their faces.

I genuinely don't think that any politician in a ruling party deserves the level of abuse that would affect them personally

That story posted earlier about Brian Lenihan made me feel uneasy

We do have a whip system you know.
    And the IMF/ECB demanding we follow their plan?

And?

Yes. It's irrelevant. We live in another universe.

Lets say leggo is in a restaurant and orders a steak, but instead the waiter brings you a pile of sh*te on the plate, how is that your fault?

Well if a friend had warned you that the restaurant often got their orders wrong and that it was a sinking ship, and you still ignored it?

If you had been to a near-identical restaurant before and had a bad experience, but weren't bothered to learn from your mistake?

Then yeah, it's your fault. Bad example man.

specific its a bit late to be coming out with such schite, you labled people, now you are coming on about your mother, kildare street welcomes you, my gas is out so i am off to bed, as back in the day, overcoats on ttop f the blankets for heat in a damm cold room, your office will be warm in the morning, as is your apartment is now, or perhaps your house.

If you deserve pity why not give it to others? Or,at least,courtesy.

I didn't vote for either of them.
    However looking at one of your previous posts it seems you did.
    Maybe practise what you preach, and learn how to spell government while you're at it.
    Like I said earlier this current government was elected based on the commitments they gave, most of which they've now broken.

No the people wanted shut of FF. You know that.

It didn't need any promises from the others.

Well if a friend had warned you that the restaurant often got their orders wrong and that it was a sinking ship, and you still ignored it?

If you had been to a near-identical restaurant before and had a bad experience, but weren't bothered to learn from your mistake?

No the people wanted shut of FF. You know that.

It didn't need any promises from the others.

I worked in a company that bought a subsidiary.

Much like the posts above there was feck all due diligence.

Us slaves in IT were told to integrate it.

Three years later the subsidiary cost the company tens of millions due to fraud that they concealed.

Everything looked rosy from the outside until the fraud was found.

FG signed up to deal with the IMF
    The country is very slowly getting back on its feet.
    There have been many casualties of getting back on our feet including Shane McEntee.

He was tactless in his comments

Did that lead to his death? Was it the whip system?

To be honest, we'll never know.

It's pointless speculating on it.
    His family have suffered a devastating loss.
    His removal tonight showed how much he was respected.

Politics seems a petty game at a time such as this, especially considering some of the posts on this thread.

No one knows what drove a man who has achieved what very few of us ever will, to take his own life. No one knows the agonies he went through mentally before deciding to do so.

He was an honourable man who worked hard in sometimes obscure areas.

May he RIP

• Advertisement

Yada yada, you missed the post where I said I DIDN'T vote for either ff or FG.
    It seems you did though.
    So dont lecture me about not wanting change, how about you follow that example.....man.

Stheno wrote: »

I genuinely don't think that any politician in a ruling party deserves the level of abuse that would affect them personally

That story posted earlier about Brian Lenihan made me feel uneasy

We do have a whip system you know.
    And the IMF/ECB demanding we follow their plan?

They're are already mechanisms in place to protect people from online nut-jobs. Nobody has the right to threaten another persons life or insight hatered against them. We don't need extra laws we need the current ones to be upheld. I am most certainly not condoning that type of behaviour. However if you knowingly lie to get peoples votes your going to get a lot of grief.

Couldn't care less about Lenihan, our great grandchildren will be paying for his error.

Well aware of the whip system, but I fail to see how that gives any politician the right to lie to their electorate. The choose the mercs and perks over honesty and it's a complete cop out on their behalf to hide behind it.

Yes. It's irrelevant. We live in another universe.

No just a completely different country with a whole raft of differences from social housing, health care, education and the cost of living to name but a few.

Yada yada, you missed the post where I said I DIDN'T vote for either ff or FG.
    It seems you did though.
    So dont lecture me about not wanting change, how about you follow that example.....man.

Back-tracking much? I answered your question, trying to go back to the old reliable points now are we? :pac:

And I didn't vote FF or FG in the most recent election. I voted FF when I was 18 years of age and, admittedly, a bit politically naive. This has all been said multiple times and doesn't detract from my main point at all. It re-enforces it, if anything, by admitting it was my own naivety that contributed to keeping them in power instead of just moaning about them. I'm encouraging people to do the same and hold themselves accountable for their own vote instead of voting then spending the entire term moaning about who they voted for. Is that not the exact definition of practising what I preach?? :pac:

If anything, you harping on about how you've never voted FF or FG only makes you less relevant to the conversation.

So cop yourself on and stop clinging to that dead horse you're trying to flog there. Your own question has proved that you're talking absolute drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the title of this thread is false, shouldn't that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

liammur wrote: »
    I'm not sure about that. Look at the case in the UK involving the Aussie djs and the nurse, that seemed to be 1 thing, and 1 thing only - the hoax call.

the lady left 3 suicide notes ....only one of them mentions/blames the DJ's ...another one mentions work colleagues/bosses but somehow that is not as important for the british and Irish media as blaming the DJ's in OZ, the third note blames herself (BTW).

as has been mentioned earlier - people who commit suicide rarely do so based on one event its usually a sustained attack or a chain of events whereby the person (usually suffering from depression) feels there is no other option..... so the ideal and proper way to deal with suicide is to raise awareness of the various services available and de-stagmatize depression - the more people admit to being depressed the higher the chances are that a life will be saved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Anyone who listened to the hoax call can hear that there's nothing malicious in it - it's just silly fun, with 'Queen Elizabeth' scolding Charles and the corgis. Absolute nonsense, and purely done for fun.
    It seems to me that it wasn't the call that pushed the nurse tragically over the edge, but the attention by media and public afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

theres a headline in the Indo this morning. politicians are only human let's think before we criticise them.

with all due respect to the man that died that is bollox.
    they are running the bloody country and if they **** it up in any way they deserve every criticism and if they can't take it,get a job doing something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

crazygeryy wrote: »
    theres a headline in the Indo this morning. politicians are only human let's think before we criticise them.

with all due respect to the man that died that is bollox.
    they are running the bloody country and if they **** it up in any way they deserve every criticism and if they can't take it,get a job doing something else.

True.

But there's criticism and there's abuse.

Anger at heartless statements is one thing. Threats are another. (If it's true there were threats. I didn't see any. In fact I didn't see any mention of the late Mr McEntee, or ever hear of him, before his tragic death.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

A claim he was featured on an episode of RTE Radio’s Liveline, which featured in a post on Irish Central (and has been removed) has been disputed by the Liveline team, who say this was not the case.
    Friends and colleagues blame criticism for McEntee death | Krank.ie

their story is falling apart, not that's it true anyway, it has nothing to do with what actually happened

Advertisement