Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I donate a hamper to charity for Christmas?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

Folks, I am in possession of a hamper of sweets/biscuits etc which I would like to donate to a charity for Christmas. I know it's a bit late in the day but I'm hoping someone will be able to suggest a charity that might like to receive this. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The Saint Vincent De Paul I am sure would be very grateful for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Miaireland wrote: »
    The Saint Vincent De Paul I am sure would be very grateful for it.

Thanks for your reply, I should have mentioned in my post that I did think of the SVdeP but they are not contactable until tomorrow, if even then, and I just thought it might be a bit late at that stage. I also thought of the Lion's Club but they don't have any contact numbers on their website. I seem to recall them collecting food at supermarkets in previous years so if they are doing that this year and anyone knows which supermarket I could drop the hamper off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drop it in at the homeless hostel by the bus station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

biko wrote: »
    Drop it in at the homeless hostel by the bus station?

Thanks for that Biko, your suggestion got the old brain spinning and I'm going to drop it into the COPE Women's Shelter as I'm sure there will be kids there who will enjoy the contents of the hamper. Merry Christmas :)

Advertisement