Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how difficult is it to get an accomodation on campus at UCD ?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello ! I'm coming to UCD next year as part of the ERASMUS program. And I was wondering how hard would it be to get an accomodation on campus. I read multiple threads about it and understood that you have to try to have one as soon as possible. But is there a big chance that i don't have one ? On a scale of impossible to most definitely, for example ? :D

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Melodie31 wrote: »
    Hello ! I'm coming to UCD next year as part of the ERASMUS program. And I was wondering how hard would it be to get an accomodation on campus. I read multiple threads about it and understood that you have to try to have one as soon as possible. But is there a big chance that i don't have one ? On a scale of impossible to most definitely, for example ? :D

Thanks !

The waiting list hasn't opened yet. I'm not sure what the procedure for Erasmus programs is but last year as an incoming first year I had to book a place on the waiting list in May. Getting the accommodation you want is all about being ready to book your place the second the booking opens.

These websites might be of some help to you:

General residences information

Information for international students about accommodation

There isn't much useful information there about booking dates but at least there are contact details there for people who will be able to answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

They usually sort erasmus students out with accommodation as far as I know...they won't leave you with your suitcase in the airport with nowhere to go, they know it's hard enough to organize accommodation here off campus even if you live in the country let alone if you're coming from outside of it. Just keep an eye on the opening dates for bookings and whatnot and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Melodie31

thanks ! I did understand that I was pretty hard to find an accommodation off campus... Especially when you are not even in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I've never heard of an Erasmus student being left without accommodation. You certainly get first preference on campus. As the rest of the posters said, keep an eye on your email and the erasmus information.

Advertisement