Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are my highlights supposed to look this bad?!

• 23-12-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I got my hair done this morning.
    Full head highlights, I've been getting them done by a student the last few months (get them done average every six weeks.
    So got them done today and I said I didn't want any low lights as it just looked like orange streaks on me.
    Now I have weird looking roots and unwanted ombre effect.. really mad as chance of getting an appoint are very slim on Monday and I'm maid of honour at my best friends wedding.
    I'm really annoyed, it looks awful. I pay €40 each time to get full head. The girl is supposed to qualify this week, no one really checked her when she was doing it..

photo1va.th.jpg

Does anyone on here have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

No it shouldn't look like that at all. She should have blended it all in. I would complain and demand a refund or a repair job from her supervisor.

Maybe if you call into another, well-respected, hairdressing salon in the meantime and show them what's happened, they might agree to fix it before Monday.

Best of luck OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    No it shouldn't look like that at all. She should have blended it all in. I would complain and demand a refund or a repair job from her supervisor.

Maybe if you call into another, well-respected, hairdressing salon in the meantime and show them what's happened, they might agree to fix it before Monday.

Best of luck OP!

Thanks ViveLaVie
    Do you think even though it was a student that they are obliged to fix it?
    I chose to get a student at €40 every few weeks instead of a senior stylist at €99 every two months. And I've always been happy with the students before, someone always checked over colour etc..
    She also got me to come over to the sink straight after she had finished doing the top sections of my hair to take out the back (where she had put in first highlights) I've never had that before.
    Really annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't think it's that bad tbh. I don't see anything orange about it.

But in saying that if I was going to be a bridesmaid I would fork out the extra money on a qualified hairdresser rather than a student.

Advertisement