Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardener in south Dublin/ Wicklow?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello,

I've recently inherited an acre of garden and I'm finding it very diffucult to upkeep. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about hiring a gardener to look after clematis, rhododendron, roses and cutting lellandii hedges in addition to general tidy ups and power washing the drive etc? How many days a month is usual? Or is a big clean up a few times a year better? If anyone has experience or recvimendations they'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

A twice monthly visit march to october by a registered experienced company with professional machinary would be the recommened route, someone with garda clearance, insurance and referances from current customers, someone you can give a key to and not have to worry about after that. if you want to private message me, i can give you three company names which the above would apply and work in that area, and also are realistic to 2013 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corco2000

pm sent dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ymurtagh wrote: »
    someone with garda clearance,

How young are the roses?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 devastar

Thanks! This is great advice. I was concerned about letting someone into the property as a vulnerable adult lives there so someone with Garda clearance would be ideal. Could you pm me the company names?

ymurtagh wrote: »
    A twice monthly visit march to october by a registered experienced company with professional machinary would be the recommened route, someone with garda clearance, insurance and referances from current customers, someone you can give a key to and not have to worry about after that. if you want to private message me, i can give you three company names which the above would apply and work in that area, and also are realistic to 2013 prices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

No problem, pm sent

• Advertisement
Advertisement