Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops Closing Time in City Centre

Options
  • 23-12-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know what time places would close today in town?

I know it's Sunday but it's also Christmas-Eve-Eve so I'm thinking they might open late.

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Clery's is open til 7pm, Arnotts & Brown Thomas are open til 8pm and the Jervis Centre is open til 9pm so a bit of a mix. Probably better to check the sites of the specific shops you want to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Too late now but alot of the shops were closed around 4pm'ish bar the big stores. Even Smyths was closed :( Frustrating. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

gurramok wrote: »
    Too late now but alot of the shops were closed around 4pm'ish bar the big stores. Even Smyths was closed :( Frustrating. :mad:

Well, why shouldn't they? The vast majority will be back open on the 26th- not much of a break. Christmas eve shopping should be avoided like the plague- and relying on shops to be open after 4pm is worse again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well, why shouldn't they? The vast majority will be back open on the 26th- not much of a break. Christmas eve shopping should be avoided like the plague- and relying on shops to be open after 4pm is worse again.

Only if the assume they got that last sale. Maybe they rely on the Stephens day sales?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

In fairness despite christmas day being the same day each year, some people seem to forget about it happening until literally the last minute and expect stores to open late.
    I know its the internet but hopefully my massice sarcastic tone comes across.

• Advertisement
Advertisement