Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus RT-N66u and PS3 as media player

Options
  • 23-12-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just set up an Asus RT-N66u router hanging off the back of a bridged CIsco 3925 (the UPC one). Have a 2Tb drive on the router with all my photos/music/videos/movies.

The other PCs in the house and the android phones and ipad can all see the music stored on the NAS, and can stream from there no problem.

But, the PS3, while it can see the NAS, it shows up as empty - "Folder contains no files"

Is there any other setting I need to do or maybe the PS3 needs the NAS formatted differently, I think its formatted as FAT32 at the moment. Maybe it should be one of those EXT versions?

Incidentally, the file formats are OK, the PS3 can see everything when the media server is running on the PC - PS3 media player. The media files in that case are on the PC, I just dumped a copy of everything onto the new 2Tb HDD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

On the sp3 is media server enabled???
    Its under network settings I think.
    You usually have to navigate to the closer you want to browse to and hit triangle > show all.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

On the sp3 is media server enabled???
    Its under network settings I think.
    You usually have to navigate to the closer you want to browse to and hit triangle > show all.

Yep, familiar with all that, all done. The PS3 can see other media servers on the LAN, just not the contents of the Asus based NAS.

Advertisement