Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shooting while pregnant?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

http://www.awsda.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59%3Ashooting&catid=25&Itemid=63

probably better not to, there have not been any major studies into it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Okay, for a start, it's McDonalds coffee, so let's be realistic and drop the enjoyed bit :D

I can live with it,but then again I like airline food too!!:D

Yup, it is.
    The thing is, it's deeply unethical. It's a corporation (and ultimately, people) setting a monetary value on human life and deciding that if they paid that, then ending that life was a perfectly fine way to do business.
    That is why they teach that case study as a "what not to do" in engineering schools.

Welcome to the really real world of big big busisness.:rolleyes: Ethics...whats that??But its no different in any commercial strata including politics..Found out recently ,never knew this.This Irish vote of No1 and second vote.Give a canditate your no 1 you might as well give him and his party a fiver!! No 2 vote is worth 2.50 euros... No wonder these big parties can keep going ..Its like the old payola contract.

I've never heard of that case and I think you're getting things mixed up badly there Grizz - the Piper cub was no more used for military purposes than an AR-15 is an assault rifle. The Cub predates the war, and they made a (very altered) version of it as a spotting plane that got used throughout WW2, Korea and Vietnam; but it wasn't the same aircraft by a long, long way.
    [/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_J-3_Cub All you need to know on the piper cubs war record.. WW2,Korea,'Nam.
    Maybe I didnt make it clear ...It was a restored ww2 vintage aircraft,flying under the "experimental" category..IE the least restrictive category of getting somthing airworthy certified by the FAA.

There were lawsuits - one because the pilot had loaded the aircraft incorrectly, putting the center of gravity beyond the aft limit for the aircraft (something you learn in flight school very very early on) and the aircraft stalled on takeoff and crashed, killing the pilot. They lost the case, btw.
    Not in the least bit surprised.
    Another because the pilot (whose licence was not current and who shouldn't have been flying the cub apparently) mounted a great big feck-off video camera (this was back when those weren't tiny things built into your phone) and took off to do aerial photography, only to find that the camera meant he couldn't see forward, which is important for flying. Thing is, when he went to taxi out to the runway, the airport manager saw him and parked a van on the runway to stop him taking off (apart from not being current on the cub, he also had some unpaid airport bills) But with the camera, he couldn't see the van, flew into it and was killed because he'd also taken off the shoulder harness (the plane's version of a safety belt) to fit the camera. They won the case, and Congress thought it so ridiculous that they could that they changed the law (which stopped a rash of liability lawsuits that were destroying the light aviation industry in the US at the time). Mind you, Piper had no liability insurance, so it pretty much kicked the carp out of them anyway...

That was one of them I rememberd in flight training school in the 90s..it was so ridicilous that it even got to a court.But it still shows how litagatious they are on the most no hope case.

Don't throw rocks, we've taken a case to the Supreme Court where the plaintiff was basicly arguing that he should be allowed to have a licence for a pistol because all his mates had one!
    But we havent managed to take one yet trying to sue the gun maker because we shot somone with a gun,as we didnt know it is a dangerous item..I mean I thought I could use my Glock to hammer in nails too...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Longranger wrote: »
    my missus shot countless clays while expecting our kids and found it to be great to relieve the stress. All of our children are perfectly healthy and, maybe cos of this, are not bothered in any way by loud noises!

Gun shyness sorted. Im going to fire off a few shots of 00 semi magnums beside my springer when shes pregnant:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Hoy...

No need to drag mc donalds coffee into this!!..

Try those "slip in" machines in some deli's...

"eh sorry, yer coffee machine is from the 90's"..

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

grizzly i bet you would sue them if you dropped the coffee in your lap and got 3rd degree burns on your nob!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement