Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts for a Power Craft Log Splitter

• 23-12-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭

I have a 4 year old 4T Power Craft log splitter that (I think!) I got from Aldi (rather than Lidl).

Anyway the control valve is FUBAR :-(

Does anyone have any idea of where I might get parts for this, as it is working fine apart from the control valve.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Would it be a POW 'R' Kraft, if so try contacting them here http://powrkraft.com/products.htm or have a look at the manuals and see if you can get a part number.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

fergal.b wrote: »
    Would it be a POW 'R' Kraft

Thanks for that. But afraid not. Its the "Power Craft" branding that they use for all their tools etc. I think this was made for Aldi (or Lidl) by a company called OmegaWolf, whose web site has closed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭air

You'd surely be able to get an equivalent part from a hydraulics / engineering supplier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Noel Kinsella

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I have a 4 year old 4T Power Craft log splitter that (I think!) I got from Aldi (rather than Lidl).

Anyway the control valve is FUBAR :-(

Does anyone have any idea of where I might get parts for this, as it is working fine apart from the control valve.

Thanks

Stick up a photo and some of us might be able to help. Lots of the brands have parts that will fit each other and with it being hydraulic it should be even easier.

Stick up a photo and some of us might be able to help. Lots of the brands have parts that will fit each other and with it being hydraulic it should be even easier.

Thanks folks- unfortunately the valve went into orbit because the screws holding it in loosened unknown to me and I had a flying missile as soon as I pressed the button for the electric pump. So I can't photo it. All I have is a schematic, I'm afraid.

The missing item comprises parts 45 to 51 in that schematic. I know its a big ask, but sure if anyone can help,:D it would be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Looking at that it's not much different from this one from pow r kraft
    http://powrkraft.com/manuals/4%20ton%20owners%20manual%20only%2012-13-07.pdf so you should be able to pick one up.

fergal.b wrote: »
    Looking at that it's not much different from this one from pow r kraft
    http://powrkraft.com/manuals/4%20ton%20owners%20manual%20only%2012-13-07.pdf so you should be able to pick one up.

I agree, they're all very similar, given that most of them come from Shanghai in the first place and never see a spanner used in anger from the time they pass through the Suez Canal on the way to these shores- and $6 worth of steel, mated to $10 worth of labour sells for €200+ the VAT.

I actually found the EXACT clone of my splitter in the "STEELE PRODUCTS Steele 5 Ton Capacity 1500 Watt Log Splitter" on sale in the USA with all the same bits other than the motor which is 110V rather than 220. I have tried to contact them for some specs/details of the bits I need, but I was hoping to get those specs/that info. here in Irl.

Thanks again- I reckon I'll have to see if the Sears Guys in the USA will respond, :rolleyes: but I'm not holding my breath.

Advertisement