Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gps apps

Options
  • 23-12-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me which is the best gps app for a android phone?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

For hiking etc Viewranger.
    http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Another for viewranger.
    Have a good collection of all the mountain ranges in Ireland, the Ben Nevis/Glencoe area and a good portion of the French alps for cheap.
    The beauty of their system is that you only pay for the exact area you want.
    All 1:25000 where available and 1:50000 for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I'd love to get the EastWest Wicklow maps on viewranger. I know one of the guys from EastWest posts here, any chance of making it available?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

loobylou wrote: »
    I'd love to get the EastWest Wicklow maps on viewranger. I know one of the guys from EastWest posts here, any chance of making it available?

In short no chance, I've spoken to Dave of East West in great detail about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭micawber

In short no chance, I've spoken to Dave of East West in great detail about this.

See here
    http://www.eastwestmapping.ie/digital-mapping

"We did investigate other solutions: Garmin, MapYX and ViewRanger. We decided on working in conjunction with Satmap on the basis of (1) their hardware works well and especially in poor weather (2) they were prepared to make a more equitable share of revenue, reflecting the time & effort we put into capturing the detail and (3) we have found Satmap staff to be helpful and responsive."

• Advertisement

I had meant Dave, but the point still stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you mean Barry (Dalby)?

Look at the post above yours

Look at the post above yours
    I did and I still don't understand. You initially said you'd spoken to Dave, and then replied to your own post saying you actually meant Dave .. doesn't make any sense.

I must be actually loosing my mind, my bad.

• Advertisement

I must be actually loosing my mind, my bad.
    No problem :D

Advertisement