Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony,Samsung,Motorola,ASUS Tablets for 249.90

• 23-12-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hey, I thought some people would be interested.

Carphone Warehouse have discounted some tablets by 200-300 euro.

Examples:

Asus transformer with keyboard,wifi16GB,
    Sony tab 16gb+3g.
    Samsung galaxy 10.1/8.9 16gb/32gb/64gb WIFI and 3g versions range from 200 to 250,
    Xoom 2 tablets from 250 euro.

Its only instores , not online but they are some great prices, although the tabs are a year or so old , some of them especially a 64GB wifi 10.1 samsung tab for 250 are a bargain.

Im not sure whats left but i know teh 8.9 samsung tabs , sony tabs and teh xoom 2s are still there, maybe some 32Gb wifi 10.1.

Best of luck.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Which store? I was in the 1 in the square tallaght about an hour ago and didnt see any such deals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

both of my brothers picked up Samsung galaxy tabs today in the shop in waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

south wrote: »
    both of my brothers picked up Samsung galaxy tabs today in the shop in waterford
    Just checked the one on Henry St and all tablets are still full price.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Just checked the one on Henry St and all tablets are still full price.

€249 in Waterford anyway. They were told that they only got a few in.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Was in Waterford CPW about an hour ago ... anything in there is now full price (some kind of Samsung galaxy 10.1 was there but it was over 500 sheets).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that'll be the note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

Anyone know if this was nationwide or just the Waterford store?

My brother just said that he got the last one in Waterford yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Was just coming on to post this samsung available in letterkenny sc seem to be lots there, mind you not much time left.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Hey i work in one of them, City center to be exact.. it is nationwide, you have to make an attempt to buy it, it was poorly communicated to staff so many might not be aware of the offer.

just ask for one and you will see the price drop at the point of purchase.

Also the 1st samsung 7 inch tab with 3g is now 150.

Id assume this offer will continue after Christmas.

if people are still getting no luck with the price, ask the sales consultant to scan the serial code or imei through the computer and then he will know about the price drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Hey i work in one of them, City center to be exact.. it is nationwide, you have to make an attempt to buy it, it was poorly communicated to staff so many might not be aware of the offer.

if people are still getting no luck with the price, ask the sales consultant to scan the serial code or imei through the computer and then he will know about the price drop

Thats absolutely crazy.......CPW are probably best price on all these tablets (bricks and mortar) and maybe even cheaper than online best price and they didn't advertise the fact or even inform the staff?! The mind boggles :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭adcrawley

Any idea how much the Asus Transformer with keyboard will cost in the sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Hey, I thought some people would be interested.

Carphone Warehouse have discounted some tablets by 200-300 euro.

Examples:

Asus transformer with keyboard,wifi16GB,
    Sony tab 16gb+3g.
    Samsung galaxy 10.1/8.9 16gb/32gb/64gb WIFI and 3g versions range from 200 to 250,
    Xoom 2 tablets from 250 euro.

Its only instores , not online but they are some great prices, although the tabs are a year or so old , some of them especially a 64GB wifi 10.1 samsung tab for 250 are a bargain.

Im not sure whats left but i know teh 8.9 samsung tabs , sony tabs and teh xoom 2s are still there, maybe some 32Gb wifi 10.1.

Best of luck.

Which are the best models to go for?

cheers OP

You wouldn't know how much the Galaxy tab II 10.1 will work out at after the reduction. Mad that there's no notification about this. The Henry St branch lost out on a couple of hundred euro from me this morning because of it. Also when is CPW open again, thanks in advance.

its only the first version of samsung tabs, second is not included but ill update if anything happens

its only the first version of samsung tabs, second is not included but ill update if anything happens

Cheers.

adcrawley wrote: »
    Any idea how much the Asus Transformer with keyboard will cost in the sale?

250 euro for asus transformer and keyboard 16gb wifi model or 250 for 32 GB without keyboard.

No sture if there is many left though.
    Which are the best models to go for?

to be honest, for the prices going, there all fairly good, id be a fan of the sony tab 3G or the Samung tab 10.1 or 8.9 , yes some might be a bit old but still good if you were looking for a quality brand name tab that has been tried and tested.

(I dont mean to be promoting CPW , i just thought some people would be interested.)

How much is the Xoom 2 and do you find it a good tablet. Torn between a brand name or one of the Chinese ones. Fantastic price for the Asus. Does Grafton St or Henry St have better stock?

aaronm13 wrote: »
    How much is the Xoom 2 and do you find it a good tablet. Torn between a brand name or one of the Chinese ones. Fantastic price for the Asus. Does Grafton St or Henry St have better stock?

Either man, grafton and henry would be two of the top stores, henry is a wireless world store so they have more live demos but grafton have a live demo of the Xoom 2 if im correct it is 250 too.

As in if its a good tablet, i couldn't give you a honest opinion, have only played with it once or twice, from what ive seen it seems to be a fairly competent tablet, Best use this website gsmarena.com

but this is the one CPW stock

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_xoom_2_media_edition_mz607-4306.php

Im fairly drunk right now but im in in the next two days, if anyone has queries about stock in certain shops id be happy to accommodate.

Either man, grafton and henry would be two of the top stores, henry is a wireless world store so they have more live demos but grafton have a live demo of the Xoom 2 if im correct it is 250 too.

As in if its a good tablet, i couldn't give you a honest opinion, have only played with it once or twice, from what ive seen it seems to be a fairly competent tablet, Best use this website gsmarena.com

but this is the one CPW stock

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_xoom_2_media_edition_mz607-4306.php

Im fairly drunk right now but im in in the next two days, if anyone has queries about stock in certain shops id be happy to accommodate.

Thanks for all your help. Happy Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ccarr

Hi does any one no if this offer is still on
    Just rang navan knew noting about it and get true to mullingar are blanch
    Can please help me out thanks

Advertisement