Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dip Dye - Have You Tried It?

• 23-12-2012 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

So I keep seeing the ad for l'oreal preference wild ombre, and I am dying to try it!

Just wondering has anyone tried it, was it easy to use and were the results good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I tried it and it was easy enough to use. I didn't like the result in my hair which turned a brassy orange colour..needless to say a box of brown dye when over it the next day.

I suppose it depends on your hair, if your using it on natural hair colour then maybe the results are better?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 star0505

I think it's absolutely impossible to get nice ombre at home. Not even at some salons..So if you want a good results go to the place with good reputation, otherwise you can ruin your hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I used it last weekend. I left it on the full 40 minutes and it's very faint. I'm naturally redheaded though, and I've never been able to get dye to take well, but I'm gonna get another box tonight to finish the job, hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭lace

I've tried the wild ombre kit and was very disappointed. I left it on well past the maximum time and the result was barely any different from my own colour. I've dyed my hair a lot so maybe it would work better on virgin hair, I'm not sure. My hair is very long and I found the brush thing that comes with the kit just made it knotty.

A while later I tried this Garnier pre-lightener instead. I put it in in 4 different stages and blended them together as I went, keeping a close eye on the result and the time as I went. This gave me a much better result than the ombre kit but it was a lot more effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

I hav natural med blonde hair and I used num 3 the (blonde one) and the colour is fab it's not really obvious but natural looking even tho I and other people notice that's not how blonde my hair was! I didn't do it very high up ( I've very long hair) as I was thinking if this ruins my hair I can cut it out , but ill def use again and just use more next time , I think I left it on for only half hour as I had no dye in so felt it would take quicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I want to try this but in reverse, my hair is already the colour I want the ends to be so I will be dying the top of it darker, anyone have any tips for how to make it blend properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I love the look but I think it's on its way out.

Magenta wrote: »

I don't agree with that, if something looks good on someone then it never goes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

I have it dne and I love it but I didn't do it myself my hairdresser does it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Magenta wrote: »

That was my worry before I got it done. Instead though I didnt get the full on dip dye, but ombre highlights. Way prefer them and its a bit different to the same old. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I love it and did it myself at home. I did lots of research before doing it though. Youtube is your best friend. And, of course, boards :) This has been discussed at boards quite a few times, so please do a board search.

I think it's doable at home (People actually stopped me outside to ask where I got my colour done). But you have to be very careful. The chances you fry your hair is very high. So don't do it at home if you're not absolutely confident about it. It is harder and more expensive to nurse your fried hair back to health, than pay for it to get it done by a professional.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tayla wrote: »
    I don't agree with that, if something looks good on someone then it never goes out!

Time will prove you wrong. Look at all the trends over the years that looked good on people (a matter of opinion, but anyway) but still went out - the "Rachel", poker straight hair, that dark underneath-bright on top look, very thick highlights - they all came, were wildly popular, then disappeared again. It's inevitable with any trend that reaches saturation level, and I think balyage is nearly at that point.

Thank God, cause to me it just looks like people stopped getting their roots done. But horses for courses, obviously.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Time will prove you wrong. Look at all the trends over the years that looked good on people (a matter of opinion, but anyway) but still went out - the "Rachel", poker straight hair, that dark underneath-bright on top look, very thick highlights - they all came, were wildly popular, then disappeared again. It's inevitable with any trend that reaches saturation level, and I think balyage is nearly at that point.

Thank God, cause to me it just looks like people stopped getting their roots done. But horses for courses, obviously.

Those styles didn't disappear, i'm sure many people got them, loved them and kept them, they're just not featured on the hot 2013 hair lists or whatever, doesn't mean that went 'out'.

I would never base my decision for a hairstyle based on what was in or out according to magazines or celebs or what others on the street think because something will always remain 'in' for a person who suits that style.

I'm talking about on an individual level, I don't think something goes 'out' of fashion if it suits the person because I think that's what individual style is all about, finding what's right for you, wearing your hair, clothes and makeup the way you want to.

Advertisement