Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Jelly setting before i pour?

Options
  • 23-12-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I am making Marion Keyes recipe for ginger and lime cheese cake and I am failing to cool the jelly adequately before pouring on to mixture. It is setting before its even half cool. Any suggestions I would be most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Melt the jelly with hot water (half the amount) until completely melted. Add ice cubes and cold water to make up the rest of the required amount, keep stirring it until it's cool enough to use, it shouldn't set before you pour

• Registered Users Posts: 30 katopyrgos

Melt the jelly with hot water (half the amount) until completely melted. Add ice cubes and cold water to make up the rest of the required amount, keep stirring it until it's cool enough to use, it shouldn't set before you pour

Thanks Cathmandooo, your suggestion worked a treat. Happy New Year.

Advertisement