Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3 (Xbox) - Out of stock in Dublin?

• 23-12-2012 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

I still get confused over whether this should be posted in the xbox forum or the games forum, so apologies if wrong posting.

Ok, just out of town and due to my faffing, I missed the gamesnash.ie orders. I didn't think that Far Cry 3 would be so darn popular and I can't remember the last time a game was out of stock during Christmas.

Tried HMV grafton street, Gamestop Stephen's Green and Xtra Vision Baggot Street...no joy.

So, I have Christmas Eve to save this one for my brother, does anyone know anywhere that has stock left? Tesco? Smyths? I'll be ringing around tomorrow but boards is often the quickest way to find these things out.

Alternatively, I'd consider a second hand copy that someone wants to sell on.

Worst comes to the worst, he is happy to wait, so I'll order from Gamesnash and get him something else to unwrap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I still get confused over whether this should be posted in the xbox forum or the games forum, so apologies if wrong posting.

Ok, just out of town and due to my faffing, I missed the gamesnash.ie orders. I didn't think that Far Cry 3 would be so darn popular and I can't remember the last time a game was out of stock during Christmas.

Tried HMV grafton street, Gamestop Stephen's Green and Xtra Vision Baggot Street...no joy.

So, I have Christmas Eve to save this one for my brother, does anyone know anywhere that has stock left? Tesco? Smyths? I'll be ringing around tomorrow but boards is often the quickest way to find these things out.

Worst comes to the worst, he is happy to wait, so I'll order from Gamesnash and get him something else to unwrap.

Argos maybe?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9094471/Trail/searchtext%3EFAR+CRY+3.htm

You can check the stock for each store there too and reserve it online ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Wow, it's been a long time since I actually bought a physical disc. Now I solely use 2012 technology and download games from Steam. Strangely, you wouldn't have this little problem if you did likewise. :P

I'm only joking. I'm not too sure where you're going to be able to pick it up but if you really wanted it and had access to a car, you might want to take a trip to Swords or out to the western suburbs. It's going to be cheaper after Xmas obviously. People that are getting it for Xmas will be exchanging it in after a week or so for another game. You will be able to pick it up for cheaper a few days after Xmas. I'd get them something just to get them over the day. Next year, buy them a PC so you won't have this problem again! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I saw plenty in Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Cheers guys.

Argos, excellent, says it has it in stock. Will pop up first thing tomorrow morning.

Christmas is saved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cheers guys.

Argos, excellent, says it has it in stock. Will pop up first thing tomorrow morning.

Christmas is saved!

Wait until 26th - xtravision doing it for 27 euro apparenty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They didn't have it in HMV or gamestop in Cork today on PS3 or Xbox. Smyths had it on the shelves with an out of stock sticker on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wait until 26th - xtravision doing it for 27 euro apparenty

Just saw the bargain alert.

Is it just me, or does that seem a little odd. The game is in massive demand and out of stock, why wouldn't they try and shift all remaining units now for full price? Hoping impulse buyers might grab a few HD TVs after being lured into the shop on Stephen's day?

Probably can't take the risk, if it's in stock in Argos I'll have to go for it. Thanks for the heads up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Smyths website is pretty reliable with its stock count. You can select the stores and have a look. (toys.ie) :)

Fonthill road, Swords and Carrickmines are your best bet, all showing in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ye waited til the 23rd to buy a very popular game as a present? :confused:

€27 on amazon atm.

That's probably no use at this stage though. €55 odd in smiths, wow, you have 2 amazon copies cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

€26 in XtraVision right now. (Nutgrove)
    They've shed loads as well. Nice stocking filler for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

i've a gift voucher for far cry 3 in smyths but no store has had it for the last 2 weeks.
    what do i have to do to get it from them
    i've even sent them a message from the website but no reply.
    arghhhh!:(

Advertisement