Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Tech hospitals

• 23-12-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭

Membership of health insurance schemes in Ireland that cover accommodation in what they call hi-tech hospitals seems to cost about 3 times more that schemes that don't cover hi-tech.

What is covered in such plans that is NOT covered in the non- hi tech plans? The HIA site (supposed to be the Regulator but has allowed a totally confusing market to proliferate) simply does nothing to answer this.

Can anyone help explain this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Old thread, but I did ask a health insurer that came into our workplace.

Hi-Tech has nothing to do with the level of care in the hospital. i.e. no difference between the care in a high-tech hospital v's private hospital.

The difference comes in the food and accommodation.

The words 'Hi-Tech' are a construct of the Insurance providers, that in my opinion plays on the fears of some patients , for example why wouldnt you pay for the best care for your family.

Advertisement