Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New battery on Xmas Eve?!

• 23-12-2012 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot but if anyone knows of a bike shop/mechanic that may be open or around on Xmas eve would they point me in the right direction. Being a Monday and traditionally most are closed anyway i'm not expecting much luck.

Some scumbag nicked the battery from my Majesty while she was parked outside the gaff this evening and i need her back in action for Stephens' day as i'm back in work. I need a 12V battery for her,will try ringing a couple of shops in the morning in the vain hope someone has popped in but any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭meercat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yeah, Halfords are over-priced but at least they'll be open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

meercat wrote: »

Fair play,i never consider Halfords when it comes to the Bike. I'm only down the road from Liffey Valley,might pop up in the morning. Pricey but the cost of a taxi to work on Stephen's day would cost a fair chunk of that anyway.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Fair play,i never consider Halfords when it comes to the Bike. I'm only down the road from Liffey Valley,might pop up in the morning. Pricey but the cost of a taxi to work on Stephen's day would cost a fair chunk of that anyway.

open at 9
    hopefully they have one in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

meercat wrote: »
    open at 9
    hopefully they have one in stock

They do,just reserved one to pick up in the morning. Cheers.:)

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    They do,just reserved one to pick up in the morning. Cheers.:)

sure things are looking up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Check online for the exact battery type you need for the majesty to make sure the halfords one will fit as not all bike batteries are the same..

If you don't get sorted, give Godfrey from Battery Services a call on 086 3841358. He sorted me out with about a 20-30% savings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Some bike batteries have the + and - terminals reversed, so double check that this is correct! Usually the cable going to the + terminal will be red.

If the battery has the acid already added, check that it's charged before fitting.
    If the acid is in a separate container, follow the instructions. Usually you add the acid, wait half an hour, then charge the battery. If you just add acid and fit the battery without charging it, it will never give its full capacity. If you don't have a suitable charger (less than 1 or 1.5 amps) then I'm sure Halfords will sell you one for two or three times what it would cost in Lidl or Aldi...

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement