Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matte red lipstick

• 23-12-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anybody can recommend a nice matte red lipstick. I'm looking for something that I can wear on a daily basis that's not very in your face with my winged eyeliner, think Taylor Swift style.

I've been doing some searching online and saw MAC's Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Lady Bug. Lady bug so far looks the best as the others seem too strong or too glossy. Also Revlon had a nice one but I can't find it in boots anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

The Kate Moss Rimmel matt lipsticks are pretty good. I've got 107 which is a really nice dark red/burgundy type colour (may not be a daily red for some people though, but it is for others).

I think 111 from the collection is a more traditional red, and 110 is like an orangey-red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Hourglass opaque rouge is my fav go to red, its a lipstick that does not move at all, i've had many drinks and dinner with this and it just doesn't move, i love it!!!!

search%3Fq%3Dhourglass%2Bopaque%2Brouge%2Bliquid%2Blipstick%2Bicon%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=hourglass+opaque+rouge+liquid+lipstick+icon&usg=__t2mnq3T4tSTToM2LkTWl4QKIGF8=&docid=jkY1nz7vihUOIM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7U_YUNyjGcaIhQfc5YCABQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQ9QEwAA&dur=259

Can't seem to attach the image but here is a link to temptalia

http://www.temptalia.com/sephora-colorvision?mode=single&set=icon&title=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Maybelline mahogany red is amazing. I love it and use it on a daily basis :-) very long lasting as well! Very rare I ever need to top it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Ruby Woo is my red lipstick of choice. It is very red (think Imelda Maye) but I love it. Lady Danger is more orange red than red red and is not matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

seconding the matte kate moss for rimmel lipsticks, they are very very good and they have a red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

+1 on MAC Ruby Woo, fabulous shade of red, it always gets compliments. However I find it has to be topped up quite often, it wears off pretty fast in the middle. That could be true of all red lipsticks perhaps?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I wear Russian Red and find the staying power amazing, even after a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I haven't tried the Kate Moss matte lipsticks but have the red (and purple) in her normal collection and they are really great lipsticks! Beautiful strong colours, stay on for ages and are only around €7!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

+1 for Russian Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Another vote for Ruby Woo!

It's a gorgeous blue based, matte red, very flattering on most skintones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I use Ruby Woo with Lipcote and it lasts fantastically well. Lovely shade and MAC lippies smell yum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

LadyBetty wrote: »
    +1 on MAC Ruby Woo, fabulous shade of red, it always gets compliments. However I find it has to be topped up quite often, it wears off pretty fast in the middle. That could be true of all red lipsticks perhaps?

I've found that with any of the MAC lipsticks I've ever tired :( They don't seem to ever have any staying power!!

Chanel do a really nice matte red but typically the name escapes me atm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

+1 on Ruby Woo, I love it :rolleyes: be sure to use a good lip salve/balm on under it though as it can be quite drying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Just want to +1 on the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks (especially 001) and add that they are lovely and moisturising, no drying effect at all. A pleasure to wear!

kat.mac wrote: »
    Just want to +1 on the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks (especially 001) and add that they are lovely and moisturising, no drying effect at all. A pleasure to wear!

Would I be right in saying they are not matte though? I have one, I think it's 001 and I love it too but it has a sheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

RubyWoo83 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying they are not matte though? I have one, I think it's 001 and I love it too but it has a sheen.

There's a Matte collection also! But you're right, 001 does have a bit of a sheen, now that you say it!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

+1 for rimmels Kate moss 001...v nice red with blue undertone.. Suits most colouring..I found it quite similar to Mac's Russian red....and for under 7 quid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Love Lancôme L' Absolut Rouge. It's a beautiful red and is renowned for suiting every skin tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

ELF Studio matte lipstick in Rich red :)
    I have it and I find it great, stays on ages and a lovely matte red. Not as rich as it appears though.
    Great for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I was just wondering if anybody can recommend a nice matte red lipstick. I'm looking for something that I can wear on a daily basis that's not very in your face with my winged eyeliner, think Taylor Swift style.

I've been doing some searching online and saw MAC's Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, Russian Red and Lady Bug. Lady bug so far looks the best as the others seem too strong or too glossy. Also Revlon had a nice one but I can't find it in boots anywhere!

OP what colouring and skin tone have you? I am very pale so find Ruby Woo too harsh. It would be great if posters could also tell us there skin tone etc.

• Advertisement

mood wrote: »
    OP what colouring and skin tone have you? I am very pale so find Ruby Woo too harsh. It would be great if posters could also tell us there skin tone etc.

I would be quite pale but I do have very dark (almost black) hair so I can pull it off. I think with the right products most people could really. Very subtle contouring and a small bit of blush (I normally use a coral colour with red lips) will do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

RubyWoo83 wrote: »
    I would be quite pale but I do have very dark (almost black) hair so I can pull it off. I think with the right products most people could really. Very subtle contouring and a small bit of blush (I normally use a coral colour with red lips) will do the trick.

I agree that most people can wear red but not just any red. A red that suits my friend is terrible on me and visa versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

It depends on the pigment of your lips too. My friend has the deep red MAC lipstick which looks like rich red on her but pink on my lips. Interesting really.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

As mentioned I wear the Russian Red, and I am quite pale with strawberry blonde/red hair. The "blue" toned reds suit me far better.

Advertisement