Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot Partner 1.6 HDi (90 BHP) - Faulty Sensor?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

did the engine shut down completely or lose al power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

ok full shutdown is fairly extreme you ll need to get the faults read not obd but pug specific codes. Have seen one time were the filter caused it but It was the first time I had seen this. need better codes to advise further

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Looks like the P1586 is shutting down the ecu into limp mode alright...You need to check the shared supply as decribed below...If all wiring and the supply source is o.k then it maybe an ecu fault...

P1586 Description of the diagnostics
    The supply common to the pressure sensor of the fuel high pressure common injection rail, to the flowmeter and to the EGR valve copy is lower than 4,7 V for 150 ms
    Main customer complaints likely Jerking/stalling
    Lack of power Starting problem
    Suspect areas The sensors sharing the power supply are as follows
    Electrical harness
    Connections
    Engine management ECU (internal failure, supply, ...)

The P1351 permanent fault is more than lightly blow heater plugs or relay.

The below faults are probably logged due to the P1586 fault code.

P0001 Fuel flow regulator signal
    Temperature of the engine ECU too high

P1462 Electric EGR valve position copy signal : Difference between the stops programmed at short term

Suspect areas Electrical harness
    Connections
    EGR valve
    Engine ECU (software)

Pm me your vin number/email and i can send you on the correct elec diagrams for your van...;)

• Advertisement

Condi wrote: »

I'll send you on the elec diagrams later or within the next day or so.:)

after having a quick look at the elec drawings all the above sensors are feed direct to the engine ecu tru the 48 pin brown connector on the ecu.

You could disconnect this brown 48 pin connector on the ecu and check the pins on the ecu/connector...Maybe alittle contact cleaner sprayed into the connector may help as it could be poor connection on this connector itself.

The egr valve is located below the diesel filter and the Fuel flow regulator is on the hp pump itself which is at the back of the engine (T-belt side) its awkward to get it..:rolleyes:

The fuel reg could cause the engine to cut out alright... heres a more detailed description of P0001

P0001 Fuel flow regulator signal
    Temperature of the engine ECU too high

Main customer complaints likely Lack of power
    Exhaust smoke
    Starting problem
    Suspect areas Electrical harness
    Connections
    high pressure fuel pump (Flow rate regulator)
    Engine ECU

Pin 1 (of 2)on the fuel reg connector is feed from M4 (ecu) on 48 brown connector.
    Cable number 1221 :Which is the Fuel pressure control solenoid valve command.

Pin 2 on the fuel reg connector is feed from M2 (ecu) on 48 brown connector.
    Cable number 1203 which is a shared Injection ECU power supply from the engine bay fusebox....Tbh these engine bay fuseboxs can cause stalling on these engines....You'll see a better picture when i send you the drawings..:)

Best of luck and Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Could just be a chafed wire making contact somewhere.

• Advertisement

Hi Condi,
    If you check the electrical drawings i sent you follow the red cable from the engine bay fusebox feeding the engine ecu/airflow meter/hp pump etc.
    I'm thinking faultcode p1586 is been generated from an interrupted +feed to the above sensors and ecu.

As said above i would suspect the enginebay fusebox as they do cause cutting out/starting problems on these.

Get yourself a s/h fusebox to confirm the problem is here and test it for a few weeks...;)
    By the way its just plugin play..:)

Thanks for the update Condi..:)
    So since you cleaned the egr valve it has not cut out on you..?

Btw,
    Since you posted your first post in this thread I have came across the famous
    P1586 5Volt sensor supply for the rail pressure sensor, air flow sensor and EGR valve repeat : Supply voltage too low
    Twice...once on a 08 c4 Picasso and once on a 2011 Peugeot partner.

I have done some research on this fault code and with the help of contacts in Peugeot/Citroen both came back with the same solution...:)

9 time out of ten this fault code is related to the egr valve itself.
    What happens is when the exhaust gases pass tru the egr heat exchanger the gases cool down as we know and tend to condense into water vapour this inturn creates a certain amount of vapour which makes its way into the 5volt supply (egr position supply) of the egr valve..this 5volt supply is feed from the engine ecu and once it shorts it out in the egr valve it self it shuts down the ecu/engine.
    symptoms include the engine stalling for no reason and logging this fault code.

On certain build codes the egr valve supplier (won't name them) didn't apply lacquer onto the 5 volt electrical contacts which normally prevent this short circuiting..:rolleyes:..cost cutting I guess or QC where on holidays..:D

If anyone one comes across this fault code and the engine is cutting out then disconnect the egr valve for a day or so and if it runs fine (without stalling) then the problem 9 times out of 10 is with the egr valve itself..;)

Tbh..All makes/models are only as reliable as there part supplier that supply parts to them...if a sensor fails on a Audi/Bmw/Citroen etc then people tend to blame the car manufacture not the suppliers of the sensors...:rolleyes:

Hi Condi,
    The 5 volt supply into the egr valve is under the top cover of the motor (4 small torx screws) but be carful if you do remove this top cover as there is a spring that will pop out once the screws are removed...:eek:

These can be driven with the egr valve disconnected altho the c4 Picasso was flashing like a Christmas tree once it was removed with abs/electric hand brake fault..:rolleyes:...all got to do with the CAN communications between the various ecu's.

The new egr valve I fitted came from the uk and I think it cost around €170-180....Theres also a crowd in Dublin who sell them, they are on d-deal ..search "1.6 hdi egr " and you should find them...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lemon26

Hi Row,

I am having exactly the same problems (P1586 and not starting) with my Citroen C5. It's a 2008 1.6HDi 110 model which died when I was driving along - not plesant!

I'd be really grateful if I could ask for some assistance!

Thanks,

David

lemon26 wrote: »
    Hi Row,

I am having exactly the same problems (P1586 and not starting) with my Citroen C5. It's a 2008 1.6HDi 110 model which died when I was driving along - not plesant!

I'd be really grateful if I could ask for some assistance!

Thanks,

David

Hi david,
    Just replied to your pm....9 times out of ten this problem is related to a faulty egr valve...;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement