Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof for extension

Options
  • 24-12-2012 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Could someone give a rough idea on cost for doing roof on a extension. Below is diagram showing my current roof and where extension is located. I'd need roof tied into current roof. Original roof has roof tiles.
    Extension_zps5a36c7b0.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lolwill

Hi just looked at thread,
    Supply and fit of the above roof from rafter upwards, felt, battens, tiles and labour would come in approx. 1000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Sounds very very very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

1000 euro???MATERIAL + LABOUR??
    Being more realistic, strip section of old roof, cut and construct new roof and cut onto old roof,fascias, soffit,lat and felt,lead,its tiles so valleys and new hips to be cut and ridge tiles bedded and pointed and valleys have to be pointed.It is a small roof though.1600-1800 id reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

lads that is a 6k supply and fit job with discusions on how he wants it to look with the ridge off centre etc

lads that is a 6k supply and fit job with discusions on how he wants it to look with the ridge off centre etc
    6k? Are you having a laugh!! Nearly worse than first estimate!!for a roof that size!fair play to you if you can get work with pricing like that!

• Advertisement

wont waste to much time going into details on price but i would expect to pay 3-3.5k on materials as a conservative estimate,wages for two maybe god forbid a little profit i can garantee unforeseen issues like matching into maybe obsolete gutters access skips,that job could not be done for much less than 6k imho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

lolwill wrote: »
    Hi just looked at thread,
    Supply and fit of the above roof from rafter upwards, felt, battens, tiles and labour would come in approx. 1000 euro.

Hi I have loads of work for you if you are interested?
    I pay by the week in peanuts.If this is acceptable just raise your opposable thumb.

wont waste to much time going into details on price but i would expect to pay 3-3.5k on materials as a conservative estimate,wages for two maybe god forbid a little profit i can garantee unforeseen issues like matching into maybe obsolete gutters access skips,that job could not be done for much less than 6k imho
    3-3.5k material? Wtf? It's a small extension? Dearest part of material is 2 rolls of 18inch lead?only concern of joining in is where valley meets the hip of existing roof. I'm not allowing for PVC fascia guttering but roof structure and tiling will be no more than 2k material & labour! What do you need a skip for? Waste will be minimal only off cuts of tiles? 2 roofers would have that done in 3 days.2 decent roofers that is.

jakko86 wrote: »
    3-3.5k material? Wtf? It's a small extension? Dearest part of material is 2 rolls of 18inch lead?only concern of joining in is where valley meets the hip of existing roof. I'm not allowing for PVC fascia guttering but roof structure and tiling will be no more than 2k material & labour! What do you need a skip for? Waste will be minimal only off cuts of tiles? 2 roofers would have that done in 3 days.2 decent roofers that is.

work away so

Advertisement