Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tyre pressures...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lads gonna take the beast for a short spin ( petrol & tyre pressure )

I have bridgestone battax fitted. It says on the tyre max load front 41 psi cold & rear max psi 42 cold. Whats pressure should I aim for front and rear?

Tyre pressure is something I have never checked before. Its going to be cold when I leave the house in the early hours of the morning so I want the tyres at the correct pressure. In case it makes a difference the bike is a 94 cb400 sf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well if you have no way of checking them, I would be aiming for 34-36 psi in the front and 38-40 psi in the back....to see how you go. You deffo dont want a soft front thats for sure.

Have a look at the chart below and the make and model off the tyre and you should get sorted Joe.

http://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/category/index.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

In this cold I'd go for something softer, 32F 34R maybe. Need the tyre to flex a bit more than usual to help it heat up.

Thanks lads. Typical the air machine would be getting serviced as I turned up. Ill check them tomorrow. Jasus I really need to blow off the cobwebs. It felt like day one on the bike again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Thanks lads. Typical the air machine would be getting serviced as I turned up. Ill check them tomorrow. Jasus I really need to blow off the cobwebs. It felt like day one on the bike again today.

Is that the one in the Topaz? They're a disaster over there!!

Might give you a shout in the next couple of weeks. Gonna transfer the insurance onto her Super Four and get back on two wheels again. It'll be like day 1 for me too, and super nervous after the accident. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

ninja900 wrote: »
    You need to get on top of that, your life depends on two contact patches smaller than a credit card.

Never a truer word said

Joe,

Get an analouge tyre pressure gauge I dont trust them "cheap" digital ones. Most motor factors would have them but might be cheaper of horsepower around the corner from you. Most of the air units in the garages are fooked TBH, so at least you can stick the air in and gauge it yourself.

Is that the one in the Topaz? They're a disaster over there!!

Might give you a shout in the next couple of weeks. Gonna transfer the insurance onto her Super Four and get back on two wheels again. It'll be like day 1 for me too, and super nervous after the accident. :o

Yeah it was the topaz. Some bloke servicing it as I pulled in.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Joe,

Get an analouge tyre pressure gauge I dont trust them "cheap" digital ones. Most motor factors would have them but might be cheaper of horsepower around the corner from you. Most of the air units in the garages are fooked TBH, so at least you can stick the air in and gauge it yourself.

Will do Gar, Tyre pressure is not something I paid too much attention to so far but I have read alot recently that a + or - in the psi can make a major difference to handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Will do Gar, Tyre pressure is not something I paid too much attention to so far but I have read alot recently that a + or - in the psi can make a major difference to handling.

Better believe it. More important than petrol.

• Advertisement

More important then a set of Huckleberry finn braces to hold the jocks up too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I finally sorted mine after realizing they were 26f and 25b.
    They were put at 36/36 and the difference was nothing short of amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

goodlad wrote: »
    I finally sorted mine after realizing they were 26f and 25b.
    They were put at 36/36 and the difference was nothing short of amazing.

Are you talking about your braces or tyres . . . :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Long live the braces!! :p:p

I actually sport my braces daily, lol

Joe,

Got an analogue gauge one today. Ill pop it on the tyres tomorrow and see what she says.

My front is 25 psi and the rear is 31 psi. That gauge is very handy Wonda

Thats too soft Joe, You wanna check it out in the hynes manual or online.....cant be right 25 psi in the front.

My front is 25 psi and the rear is 31 psi. That gauge is very handy Wonda

Where you get it Joe and how much?

What type of unit is it?

Thats too soft Joe, You wanna check it out in the hynes manual or online.....cant be right 25 psi in the front.

Ah no, thats the reading of it now. I have to bring it to the garage to inflate it. Im gonna try 32 in the front and 36 in the rear. Roll on payday so I can pick up the parts to service it. It was a cheapo gauge from ebay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CAR-TYRE-PRESSURE-GAUGE-METER-ANALOGUE-/271158216182?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3f224a05f6

Dont laugh. It does the job:p

Good stuff that will do the job.

Let me know when you are doing the service Joe and we will give ya a hand....thats if you have any boike left with that DAWG of yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Ah no, thats the reading of it now. I have to bring it to the garage to inflate it. Im gonna try 32 in the front and 36 in the rear. Roll on payday so I can pick up the parts to service it. It was a cheapo gauge from ebay.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CAR-TYRE-PRESSURE-GAUGE-METER-ANALOGUE-/271158216182?pt=UK_Air_Tools_and_Compressors&hash=item3f224a05f6

Dont laugh. It does the job:p

It says in the item desc that the guage has an accuracy of 2-3 PSI. In my opinion that is not accurate enough. I have a digital one I got from halfrauds that states a 0.5 PSI accuracy.

In saying that if you're happy I'm happy. Just trying to help.

SS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Just to add, under-inflated tyres will slow you down as well as hurt your mpg as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kido Fazer 1

I have a digital one I got from halfrauds that states a 0.5 PSI accuracy.

I've the same 1 & used it over the last 3 years on the road & race bike & never had any problem.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Am I the only person who is having trouble using these machines ? Went down to my local garage to check them yesterday. I was clueless.

Its handy enough dude.
    Just drop your jocks, stick the thumb on your right hand into your arsehole then stick the tube from the pressure gauge into your mouth and blow as hard as you can.

LMFAO.....

Advertisement