Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please!! Query dead cat?

• 24-12-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

How do I know if a cat is dead?

I'm looking after my neighbours cats at the moment and one of them (the cranky one) is in bed, motionless. When I touched its tail with my foot it flopped up and down.

I don't want to engage and touch the cat if its still alive because it might jump up at me.

Any suggestions please, and if the cat is dead, how do I dispose of the body?

(currently trying to organise the funeral of a relative who died yesterday so really don't need a dead cat as well)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I know nothing about animals but I would put some food out near the cat to see if it moves - well that's what I'd do somebody else may have a much better solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Oh ffs is this a real question, touch the cat, if it doesn't move, something is wrong. If its ribs are moving up and down, it's still breathing. If it's breathing and not able to move, take it to the vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Throw something at it should move then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Thank you all for your contributions.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement