Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy exit (Limerick) to Red cow roundabout (Dublin)?

• 24-12-2012 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

How long does it take to drive from the Castletroy exit in Limerick to the Red cow roundabout in Dublin?

Thanks in advance. . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

2 hours for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Username99 wrote: »
    How long does it take to drive from the Castletroy exit in Limerick to the Red cow roundabout in Dublin?

Thanks in advance. . .

Should be just under 2 hours, it takes me an hour 45 to get from Ballina to Dublin airport, depending on traffic of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

1 hour 35 mins in mild traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A little pedantic but there is no Redcow roundabout anymore, it's just an free flow interchange these days but just under 2 hours these days as it's all motorway. Probably take you longer today though with the day that's in it. Just be aware that there is a toll both at Portlaoise, €1.80 each way going up to €1.90 from 1st Jan afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

2 hours seems about right.....not so long ago it was closer to a 4 hour slog with all those bottlenecks on the way up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Did this last week for the first time I left Monaleen at 5 am I was in Dublin city centre in about 1 hour 50 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I do this week in week out. Sticking to the speed limit and with a toll tag it's about 1 hour 35min. A few minutes more if it's rush hour and there's a few slow ones hogging the over taking lane, a few minutes less if it's not and you get a clean run.

No matter what time of day/night it is it's always about the same.

Saying that sometimes at 5:30pm it can take 20minutes to get to the Castletroy roundabout from the uni.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

It takes me 50mins to get to the toll and then another 50 to the red cow. Thats 1hour 40.
    This is doing the speed limits all the way. I can time it to the minute on each section. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Now that we've answered this, I hope you don't mind me butting in with another similar question. If I was to leave the Strand Hotel at 8am on a normal morning, how long would you expect it to take to get to the Cork motorway ? I assume William Street / Roxboro Road is the best bet?

No, down the quay over the bridge out the dock road and onto the motorway from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Cool, thanks. Any idea how long it'd take to get to the Cement Factory so?

10 mins. The dock road is busy at that hour inbound not outbound.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends on your speed really. Should be well under 2 hours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I remember getting a Bus Eireann bus from The Hurlers to Dublin in 2004 and it taking 4hrs 30mins! They were doing roadworks at the time so it wasn't a regular but wasn't that irregular either.

Actually I think it might have been even longer than that :O

Advertisement