Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a prescription by a gp

Options
  • 24-12-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I know it's christmas :(

I've lost my prescription for tablets that I am taking and I would need one within two days.

I just moved to dub 15 and until now I was going to a clinic in the city centre.

Do you know what can I do?
    I tried to call few gp here but they have no appointment available and I am working till 5.30 today.

If I can't make it there is an out of hour doctor? Should I go to an hospital to get a prescription?
    (there will be farmacy open on 25 or 26?)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Ring the the chemist you get your regular prescription from and explain what has happened they may be able to fill it for you again or know of a dr who will write you a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Just incase you need it there is a D-Doc in hartstown

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/PrimaryCare/GP_Out_of_Hours/D-DOC/

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

the problem is that I was not going always to the same chemist.
    I was living in the city centre, so going where was more confortable..
    I think I will need to ring the D-doc.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement