Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing home franchise

Options
  • 24-12-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am considering taking on a nursing home franchise such as Home Instead.
    They require an initial investment of €60,000 to €85000.
    I understand that it's harder to get profit from nursing homes these days due to tighter regulations on staff patient ratios etc but thats it's still profitable.
    Anyone got any experience in this industry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mobo5656

First off, do you have any qualifications in the area of social care? Its not the type of business you get involved in without specific qualifications and experience.

Apart from that, Home Instead is a home care company. Home care is a completely different paradigm in social care and exists as an alternative option to nursing homes.

Research things better.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 roozer

Mobo5656 wrote: »
    First off, do you have any qualifications in the area of social care? Its not the type of business you get involved in without specific qualifications and experience.

Apart from that, Home Instead is a home care company. Home care is a completely different paradigm in social care and exists as an alternative option to nursing homes.

Research things better.

Sorry, I worded that incorrectly. I realise home instead is not a nursing home setting. I am considering all social care options.

I am a health care professional but I don't have any specific experience in this area,

Advertisement