Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy glasses

Options
  • 24-12-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

i have been looking online for shooting glasses for the last week or so and i cant find anything i like at a reasonable price. can anyone recommend a good site or even somewhere in ireland where i can get them?

TB26

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i have been looking online for shooting glasses for the last week or so and i cant find anything i like at a reasonable price. can anyone recommend a good site or even somewhere in ireland where i can get them?

TB26
    PM me your address if you wish and I can send you a pair of 3M safety glasses if they are what you fancy? They are clear and fit very tight to your eyes and are curved. It be the new year before I can get around to posting them.
    They will scratch if you don't mind them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

tommyboy26 wrote: »

TB26

Mine are Boille, they are what the Army use when they are going abroad, funny enough they are reasonably priced, O'Sullivan Safety sell them, I bought a pair of Daisy's on ebay, really good, & comfortable to wear, they are the supplier to the US special forces, again off ebay very reasonable i think about $35.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I use the British Army Issue sawflys similar to the bolle ones, Check ebay you should get a set of brand new ones for less than 30eu

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Look to E bay got mine there from the East. Good value and do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Try your local hardware store. Safety glasses are impact resistant and Anti UV. Should only cost about €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

Hi,
    Try Amazon or ebay for classy ones.
    I was gonna write up stuff about safety glasses, but thought i'd do a google, the results were quite good, have a look at the following...
    http://www.gunnersalley.com/category/articles.shootingglasses/

You might want to be careful selecting eye protection when looking at EN or BS standards. the one I thonk you should be looking for is EN166 - which states that the ocular and side protector - should protect against a 6mm dia. steel ball fired at 45metre per second. This seems to be the highest protection you can get for specticals. (goggles and face sheilds can be higher rated, but you don't see anyone wearing thest at the range..)
    I came across one offering on Amazon, it had EN1836 writen on it. If you read it quick it may look like a good rating. However this EN standard is for sunglasses and UV protection...so be careful.
    I could not see any EN standard specific to shooting, but that may mean my 10 minute search did not result in me finding one (though It was the British Standards site I searched, not Google).

Hope this may help a bit to under stand eye protection???

Liam

Advertisement