Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cancellation.

Options
  • 24-12-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi, I moved address and informed UPC on the 10th - they rang back today saying that they can't supply my new address (5min walk from previous address) and require a one month written notice of account cancellation. That comes to six weeks payment for a service I haven't received. Is this standard fare for UPC, it's a lot of money for nothing in return.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I think it depends on how much notice you gave them you were moving. It might be 4 weeks notice as per contract. I they can't provide the service then you are freedom contract. Did you give less than 4 weeks notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Casillas wrote: »
    Hi, I moved address and informed UPC on the 10th - they rang back today saying that they can't supply my new address (5min walk from previous address) and require a one month written notice of account cancellation. That comes to six weeks payment for a service I haven't received. Is this standard fare for UPC, it's a lot of money for nothing in return.

It's not UPC's fault that you are moving house. The contract you agreed to, stated that you have to give 30 days notice of termination.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

garhjw wrote: »
    I they can't provide the service then you are freedom contract.

A popular misconception - moving address does not absolve you from your contractual obligation.
    Once out of contract - you have to give 30 days notice.

Advertisement