Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys and chocolate cheesecake

Options
  • 24-12-2012 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

We're (she melted some butter, so now it's "we" :D ) making this for dessert tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/baileysandchocolatec_72293

Crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter in the tin:

20121224_131409_zpsce7fb13d.jpg

Topping on and in the fridge... (extra baileys)....

20121224_143220_zpsb757d1ad.jpg

Have to top it later on with whipped cream, give it a dusting of chocolate powder and I think I'll add some strawberry halves to keep it all healthy :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Please God, I know we don't always see eye to eye, but, if you could see your way to having this humble effort taste as good as it looks...

20121224_200509_zps441bc908.jpg

And if it doesn't I'm just going to lie like a man possessed lol.

Ok, this did not disappoint. I am fit to burst.

Made it 50% bigger than the recipe due to the tin we used. To be honest, there could take more Baileys than suggested, I put in 75-80ml and could just taste it.

This is how it looked out of the tin, not the tidiest but what harm :) Excuse the mess, there was a lot going on.

20121225_170407_zpse45b996a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

omg! this cake looks amazing! I bet it tastes like heaven, too.
    Well, I guess I know what my girlfriend is making for the New Year's party. :) She loves Baileys.

Look more into the biscuit base a bit more, pretty much had to spoon the base out of this one but I don't mind that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That looks yummy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Looks identical to cake my mother did this yr all I can say is amazing. .
    Looks fab will be trying it myself

I wouldn't have much interest in cakes etc myself not got much of a sweet tooth, all I can say is it's really easy to make, have a go :)

Advertisement