Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled worker in Canada?

Options
  • 24-12-2012 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all.

I have been working as a software engineer for 12 years. I have worked with major companies and i have a bachelors degree and masters in computer software. I am in a good job at the moment.

Just to shake things up a bit (and for a new experience) I'm thinking of moving to Canada next year. Friends have said the people are very friendly and the scenery breathtaking :-). My idea would to go for a year - work for 9 months and then travel around for the rest.

I would be hoping to move to a city with an active social scene (and obviously some software companies!). Just a few questions:

What cities would have a good vibe about them - yet still have some places where I could work?
    If I secured a job before I left - what would I need to do about a visa?
    Does anyone know of any large engineering/software companies with sites in Canada? Or even better, could anyone recommend a website for Canadian jobs?

Is this a good idea at all??? :-D Thanks for any help :-)

Comments

Advertisement