Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's coming to dinner?

• 24-12-2012 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

I bought some vegetables and fruit last Thursday and stored them in the shed. Gone out today to find approx. 10 x 1kg bags of baby potatoes been torn open. Found most of the potatoes carried away and hidden behind bags of compost and more under a pallet in the shed. Carrots, oranges and pineapple have not been touched.

Last week my cats brought back a couple of rats, but I can't understand if it was rats that were in the shed why the other vegetables and fruit were not touched.

Anyone any advice as to whether it was rats, or was it likely to be something else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

most likely rats little feckers love their spuds

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Could be your cats; I know one of our cats go crazy about raw potatos and will carry them into the bathroom every chance she gets (yea, no clue on that one!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Nody wrote: »
    Could be your cats; I know one of our cats go crazy about raw potatos and will carry them into the bathroom every chance she gets (yea, no clue on that one!).

My cats only like their potatoes cooked.

The funny thing is some of the potatoes were found stacked up behind the bags of compost and the rest under a pallet. Some had been eaten, but I can't understand why whatever ripped the bags moved them to another part of the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Mo60 wrote: »
    My cats only like their potatoes cooked.

The funny thing is some of the potatoes were found stacked up behind the bags of compost and the rest under a pallet. Some had been eaten, but I can't understand why whatever ripped the bags moved them to another part of the shed.

Hiding/stashing them away like squirrels do with nuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

As far as I'm aware rats bring food back to the nest so maybe they're practicing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement