Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Golden Disc Vouchers

Options
  • 24-12-2012 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Just after coming across €40 worth of old Golden Disc vouchers in a drawer. They're 7 years old (receipt with one) but don't have an expiration date on them.

They should still accept them right...? :o

Don't live need to seek one out the next time I'm in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

May not be an expiration date, but I bet there's a 'valid for 2 years from date of purchase' somewhere on the back. Most retailers have gone from paper vouchers to giftcards, there's a chance they might not even be able to accept them. There's one in the Jervis centre- ring them up and ask them if they will take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

May not be an expiration date, but I bet there's a 'valid for 2 years from date of purchase' somewhere on the back.

Nope there's no expiration date or extra "terms and conditions" referenced. So are they required to honor them...? :confused:

goldendiscs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have used similar vouchers in golden discs after a few years and never had any issue, that was maybe 2 years ago but should still be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To be honest, it's all guesswork on our part. You will really have to get into a store and ask to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Id go in and use them, no expiry date so would be interesting to hear any excuse from them not to honour them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Will try them next time I'm in Dublin so.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Let us know how you get on; I has £20 of vouchers from when we used punts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

They should be valid. I found a €20 voucher about six months ago and they accepted it. Old, slightly crumpled and discoloured but it was still okay to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

They should accept it no bother. I worked for Golden Discs a few years ago, and we even accepted old vouchers in punts (using whatever the official exchange rate is).

Advertisement