Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand visa - proof of your onward/return flight needed?

• 24-12-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi.

Someone recently told me that you need proof of your onward/return flight from Thailand when you get the visa-on-arrival.
    First I heard?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Unless you're intending on staying over the 30 touristy days, I don't think they're giving visas anymore. We travelled in September and didn't have to get any visa stamps. Just went through the usual immigration and security, that was all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You don't have to get a visa providing you are an Irish passport holder and your visit is for less than 30 days. Just go through immigration and you'll get your passport stamped, similarly again upon departing. I've been to Thailand twice and never been asked for an onward travel or proof of a return flight.

However the problem that could emerge I imagine would be with the airlines not wanting to even allow you to board in Ireland without on. I've never had this problem as I've always had a return ticket.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Thailand#Get_in

Advertisement