Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2013

Options
  • 24-12-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭

The lineup for Dancing on Ice 2013 has been revealed.

Former Baywatch actress Pamela Anderson, Olympians Beth Tweddle and Luke Campbell, X Factor series two winner Shayne Ward and ex-EastEnders actor Matt Lapinskas will be among those taking to the ice when the show returns in the New Year.

Coronation Street actress Samia Ghadie, TV presenters Keith Chegwin and Anthea Turner and comedian Joe Pasquale will also take part, along with politician Oona King - now known as Baroness King of Bow following her nomination to the House of Lords - Welsh international rugby player Gareth Thomas and The Only Way Is Essex cast member Lauren Goodger.

Chegwin was due to take part in the show last year, but had to pull out after suffering an injury.

Dancing on Ice will also welcome back judge Jason Gardiner to the panel, after a year's break from the show.

The full Dancing on Ice lineup - including professional skating partners - is as follows:
    Pamela Anderson & Matt Evers
    Anthea Turner & Andrew Buchanan
    Samia Ghadie & Sylvain Longchambon
    Beth Tweddle & Dan Whiston
    Lauren Goodger & Michael Zenezini
    Baroness King of Bow & Mark Henretty
    Matt Kapinskas & Brianne Delcourt
    Shayne Ward & Maria Filippov
    Joe Pasquale & Vicky Ogden
    Luke Campbell & Jenna Harrison
    Keith Chegwin & Olga Sharutenko
    Gareth Thomas & Robin Johnstone
    Dancing on Ice - hosted by Phillip Schofield and Christine Bleakley - returns on Sunday, January 6, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

It's probably fair to say that Jason's return is an attempt by ITV to get the viewing figures back up after they plunged last year.

And it's no real surprise that Christine Bleakley is staying on as co-host with Pip, or that a Corrie star and a TOWIE star are taking part... :rolleyes:

Cheggers and Pasquale will surely provide a great proportion of the entertainment, while Tweddle and Campbell ought to go far after their successes in the Olympics. Wonder if they're considered the early favourites following Louis Smith's Strictly win? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mother of God, by the end of episode one I'll be ready to tear my hair out from listening to Pasquale's voice!!! I swear I want to punch him in the mouth everytime he speaks!!

However it is an 'interesting' line-up. Should be good to see who can skate and who is abysmal!!!!

The ratings last year really did flop. I watched the whole show but it was rather dissapointing in many respects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭vickers209

Is it not being shown on tv3 this year? cant see it on tv guide for next weekend.

So my mate emailed TV3 to ask what was the dealio with showing it. They responded telling him they couldn't commit to 10 weeks of it when they need to focus on their 'new' programming. So what the heck are they showing instead of DOI? ER repeats!!! WTF

hdowney wrote: »
    So my mate emailed TV3 to ask what was the dealio with showing it. They responded telling him they couldn't commit to 10 weeks of it when they need to focus on their 'new' programming. So what the heck are they showing instead of DOI? ER repeats!!! WTF

The conspiracy theorist in me says that the real reason they're not showing DOI this year is because we viewers don't deserve it after forcing them to axe Psychic Readings Live... :o:o:o :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah, crap - my telly sat down and died before Christmas and won't be returned from repair until Monday at the earliest. So I'll be missing the first one.

This and SCD are the only two reality shows I can bear - and I love them!

I'll be looking to this thread for a running commentary to make up for the lack of screentime!

I emailed them too got this
    16:17 (6 hours ago)

info
    to me

Hi *****

As TV3 will be airing a variety of new shows and new series throughout January and the New Year, we were not in a position to commit to 10 weeks of live shows of Dancing On Ice. Therefore the decision was made to discontinue with Dancing on Ice in lieu of new series coming through.

We apologise for any disappointment caused, but hope you will be satisfied with our new schedule.

Many Thanks for your email,

info@tv3

Cant record on utv with sky plus, herself is going mad as works sundays anyone any ideas how to record?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Go Beth! She is such a lovely and humble person- and is a 3-time Olympian, which is INCREDIBLY rare in her sport that sees girls washed up at 18. She has an advantage in that she would be good at twisting/rotation and balance, but she is known for notoriously poor grace and choreography, so she still has a tough battle.

vickers209 wrote: »
    16:17 (6 hours ago)

info
    to me

Hi *****

As TV3 will be airing a variety of new shows and new series throughout January and the New Year, we were not in a position to commit to 10 weeks of live shows of Dancing On Ice. Therefore the decision was made to discontinue with Dancing on Ice in lieu of new series coming through.

We apologise for any disappointment caused, but hope you will be satisfied with our new schedule.

Many Thanks for your email,

info@tv3

Cant record on utv with sky plus, herself is going mad as works sundays anyone any ideas how to record?

Read: "We were perfectly happy to show Dancing on Ice until you ungrateful b****rds got us into trouble with the BAI over Psychic Readings Live and forced us to take it off the air - when we did absolutely nothing wrong.

And because of that, we have decided that we're not going to show Dancing on Ice. If you thankless idiots are disappointed with that, we don't give a toss, because it's your own fault."

Sorry - that's the conspiracy theorist in me again. (Mods, feel free to snip it if it happens to be breaking any rules.) :o:o:o:o;)

In any case, one gets the impression that it actually wasn't all that difficult a decision for them to make...

The chances of us liking their 'new' programming is very slim. They generally show tripe unless they take something from ITV!

As to recording. I have to do the same. For me it is a DVD recorder recording off UTV
    Read: "We were perfectly happy to show Dancing on Ice until you ungrateful b****rds got us into trouble with the BAI over Psychic Readings Live and forced us to take it off the air - when we did absolutely nothing wrong.

And because of that, we have decided that we're not going to show Dancing on Ice. If you thankless idiots are disappointed with that, we don't give a toss, because it's your own fault."

Sorry - that's the conspiracy theorist in me again. (Mods, feel free to snip it if it happens to be breaking any rules.) :o:o:o:o;)

In any case, one gets the impression that it actually wasn't all that difficult a decision for them to make...

What is this about the Psychic thingymaboby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Mother of God, by the end of episode one I'll be ready to tear my hair out from listening to Pasquale's voice!!! I swear I want to punch him in the mouth everytime he speaks!!

However it is an 'interesting' line-up. Should be good to see who can skate and who is abysmal!!!!

The ratings last year really did flop. I watched the whole show but it was rather dissapointing in many respects

I cant stand his voice either, i'll have to mute him

Are some of the professionals new? I dont recognise some of them

I like dancing on ice, but im never madly into it as i am strictly. My reason for this every year is Torvill and Dean!!!!!

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I cant stand his voice either, i'll have to mute him

Are some of the professionals new? I dont recognise some of them

I like dancing on ice, but im never madly into it as i am strictly. My reason for this every year is Torvill and Dean!!!!!

For me it is quite simply I LOVE ice skating. I have been a Torvill and Dean fan my whole life. I watched them all the time. But I adore ice skating so that is why I watch.

As to your question yes some of the professionals are new. Some of the old ones, like Frankie Paultney got the boot to improve ratings. (If they just got rid of Bleakley, since Louis is gone they'd be doing a good job.) Is Katarina Witt still there this year I can't remember but she has no presence as a judge. I mean yea she was a skater, knows what she is talking about etc etc, but as a public facing judge it just doesn't work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Katrina has been replaced by Ashley from the Pussycat Dolls. Jason is back, i love his comments :D

Katrina has been replaced by Ashley from the Pussycat Dolls. Jason is back, i love his comments :D

Thank God for that. She was dull as ditchwater and that is insulting ditchwater in my opinion! At least Ashley will have people skills, she can relate to the audience on telly and all. So we shall see :)

What is this about the Psychic thingymaboby?

The two-hour live "entertainment service" from Budapest that aired immediately after Vincent Browne, featured a lot of so-called "psychics" from all over the world - some of whom couldn't speak English very well - and was pulled off the air last month following a raft of complaints to the BAI?

Unsurprisingly, TV3 were not happy about having to axe this show - claiming that they did nothing wrong whatsoever. They acted the same way three years ago when they axed PlayTV - made by the same people behind Psychic Readings Live and also broadcast from Budapest - in the exact same circumstances. :rolleyes:

It probably is just a huge coincidence that they're not happy about having to axe a controversial live show from Hungary for the second time and are not showing Dancing on Ice.

But, you know, I'm probably not the only one who likes to think that these two events may be related... :o:o;);)

Katrina has been replaced by Ashley from the Pussycat Dolls.

Not the first time a once-big singer has been chosen to be a DOI judge... ;)

Wonder if, at any stage, they considered bringing Emma Bunton back along with Jason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Er...how come this isn't on TV3? :confused:

Just read previous posts. Flicked through during ad break and saw mega old episodes of ER. :rolleyes:

flutegirl wrote: »
    Er...how come this isn't on TV3? :confused:

Just read previous posts. Flicked through during ad break and saw mega old episodes of ER. :rolleyes:

Read above posts

Read above posts

Yeah I did, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why dont 3e show it so instead of TV3 (btw what new shows are TV3 showing exactly :confused:)

Ah lads, is no-one actually watching this? Any brilliance or crawl-under-the-table awfulness so far? Any broken bones???

I want my telly back!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah lads, is no-one actually watching this? Any brilliance or crawl-under-the-table awfulness so far? Any broken bones???

I want my telly back!!!

I watched the first 3! Samia was okay, fairly terrified. Keith was so jolly, fun to watch. He actually looks like he might be pretty good, definitely better than expected. Beth was quite stiff, but technically very good with lots of difficult lifts and her own new move. They are exploiting her flexibility, but it does make it more interesting.

I watched the first 3! Samia was okay, fairly terrified. Keith was so jolly, fun to watch. He actually looks like he might be pretty good, definitely better than expected. Beth was quite stiff, but technically very good with lots of difficult lifts and her own new move. They are exploiting her flexibility, but it does make it more interesting.

Lifts? In week one??? God be with the days when if they got around the rink and didn't fall over it was a result!

I'm really hoping they play a repeat of this some time before the show next weekend - if anyone spots it in listings please post here and let me know!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why dont 3e show it so instead of TV3 (btw what new shows are TV3 showing exactly :confused:)

Was thinking the same thing, they don't even have to show it live, just show it. Shame Pamela has gone, love Matt Evers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I'm glad TV3 arent's showing it. Hopefully they're trying to make the move away from relying on ITV for most of their weekend schedule.

Be interesting if they do the same with Britain's Got Talent.

Very strange though that it wasn't on 3e instead, and it was announced they would show the programme in their Autumn Schedule release.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Exactly, that's what they did with I'm a Celeb.

I can't imagine any new programmes getting the viewership that DOI would.

flutegirl wrote: »
    Was thinking the same thing, they don't even have to show it live, just show it.
    iseegirls wrote: »
    I'm glad TV3 arent's showing it. Hopefully they're trying to make the move away from relying on ITV for most of their weekend schedule.

Be interesting if they do the same with Britain's Got Talent.

Very strange though that it wasn't on 3e instead, and it was announced they would show the programme in their Autumn Schedule release.

As I said, I'm probably not the only one who likes to think that the absence of DOI from the TV3 and 3e schedules has something to do with the folks at Ballymount still being mad at us viewers for forcing them to take Psychic Readings Live off the air - even when these two events are probably completely unrelated to each other...

:o:o:o:o:o;);)

As I said, I'm probably not the only one who likes to think that the absence of DOI from the TV3 and 3e schedules has something to do with the folks at Ballymount still being mad at us viewers for forcing them to take Psychic Readings Live off the air - even when these two events are probably completely unrelated to each other...

:o:o:o:o:o;);)

Would DOI be up against The Voice on rte? They probably thought it wasn't worth the money as they wouldn't have a higher percentage of viewers. Bressie Vs Phillip Schofield...hmmm, I know who I'd choose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Plus Pammy Anderson still gets paid her mega bucks even though she was first out :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Plus Pammy Anderson still gets paid her mega bucks even though she was first out :p

There was an article in the Daily Mail a few days ago saying she got paid £1,000 for every second that she was skating on tv

Advertisement