Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Laughing so hard at Joes dance
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Do they get to pick their own dance-off dance now :confused:

Surely they've enough to be doing trying to learn one routine at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Whats this duel thing they're doing next week?
    Why cant they just do everybody dance one gets voted off?

Think the duel was so that the show didn't take up the whole of Sunday night telly!

Just catching up on this now from the weekend.... poor Vicky that's partnered with Joe Pasquale, she looked like she was gritting her teeth and trying VERY hard to smile when asked would it be good to get through to next week!

ETA - what's this Save Me Skate all about? Do they have to learn two routines every week now so that they have something different to do if they're in the skate-off?

ETA again - bloody hell - skating with a dislocated shoulder, and doing lifts.... talk about above and beyond!!!

And then to get kicked off.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Bump!

It really does look like Jason's return has done nothing to prevent viewing figures from falling further...

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/131454-dancing-on-ice-2013-ratings-continue-to-slide-sorry-jason.html

Not tremendously surprised, really.

That said, no-one has yet dared to suggest that this series could be the last...

• Advertisement

Bump again!

My word, has it really become that uninteresting?! :eek: :eek:

Many UK viewers seem to think so - figures are now hitting all-time lows...

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/133999-dancing-on-ice-2013-ratings-viewing-figures-hit-new-low-again.html

Thought I was the only one in the country left watching!

Had a bit of a mixed up watching of tonight's show.... have just seen Beth's "perfect 10 performance" - FFS, she did precisely NO skating whatsoever! Did her skates even hit the ice at any point???

Anyway, that's my grump for the evening. I have no time for that flying malarkey.

Feel desperately sorry for poor Gareth. I'd say he's completely mortified, apart from feeling rotten. What a way to exit the competition. He was the biggest ugly duckling ever, I can't believe how brilliant he was!

Don't know who I want to win now, none of them do it for me really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beth Tweddle, Matt Lapinskas and Luke Campbell made it through to the Dancing on Ice final

:(

I wanted Gareth in the final even to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Gareth really is the only likeable one that made it to the semis.
    There's something very unlikeable about both Matt and Luke-kind of a passive aggressiveness or something. I can't quite put my finger on it.
    Beth is just dull, super bendy but dull! God love her, the routine to Domino was one of the most unsexy things I've seen.
    Christopher Dean was sexier when he was showing her how to wiggle her hips!

Reckon if DOI carries through to next year, poor little Ashley will get the chop.
    She is much better when she's just being herself, loved her in I'm A Celeb.

Oh my word, I wasn't expecting that for a result :eek:

They wuz robbed!

(avoiding spoilers in case people haven't seen it)

Dunno if I'll be able to work up the enthusiasm for another series unless something (lord knows what though) changes next time.

• Advertisement

So Beth Tweddle wins with Matt Lapinskas second

Well, that's a surprise! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

The judges were certainly píssed off - and no doubt the producers were, too. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Well, why wouldn't they be? Matt's the soap star, after all...

It wasn't enough to get the viewing figures above seven million, though, making this the least-watched final thus far - and it's all rather overshadowed by Tony Gubba's departure... :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/21740038

Phillip said that the show would be back next year, however, and Torvill and Dean have also said that this series won't be the last.

If it does return in 2014, though, one fancies that a hell of a lot of changes are going to have to be made - and not just as regards the personnel - to make it interesting again...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm glad Beth won. She wasn't the better skater, I'll admit that but I found Matt to be really cocky throughout the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Unsurprisingly, the next series has been announced as the last.

LizT wrote: »

DOI has reached the end of its natural life, says ITV, while Torvill and Dean have said that the show ending in Bolero's 30th anniversary year is coming full circle for them.

Well, let's at least hope that this final series is much, much better than this year's. Bringing back former winners like Suzanne Shaw, Kyran Bracken and Hayley Tamaddon to find an ultimate champion would be a tad predictable, though I wouldn't object to it.

And I don't think anyone would object if Holly Willoughby was persuaded to return as co-host... :D:D;);)

LizT wrote: »

Hope they some "decent" celebs or former champs back for the last series

Advertisement