Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ammo .

Options
  • 24-12-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Just to let everyone know that ammo sales through the internet now have at least a four month back order time frame and i can see it getting worse in the near future so my advice to everyone is to stock up on ammo . Even if you can get it the prices are already starting to go up .

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What ammo sales?
    Where?
    Off Whom?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

I suspect he is talking about the US.

BTW, did something happen to Ezridax?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

cruisedub1 wrote: »
    Just to let everyone know that ammo sales through the internet now have at least a four month back order time frame and i can see it getting worse in the near future so my advice to everyone is to stock up on ammo . Even if you can get it the prices are already starting to go up .

+1000 if its scarce in the states, it will get scarce in Ireland.

Guys the ammo is getting very scarce here in the states, 223 and 22LR in particular.
    After the murders in Newton CT, a lot of people think there new legislation in the offing and are buying up all and sundry.
    If you can afford it, buy as much as your quota allows, even possibly ask your dealer if you can "pre buy" and leave at his premises until you can take it home if the amount is above your quota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

+1001 wrt what Harmoniums said.

It seems that everything has sold out.

Have a look online at some of the major sales companies, all of the black guns are sold out.

Lowers, usually $75-$150 are topping $400.

AR models have doubled and tripled in online auctions.

I was looking at a M21, which retailed between $3200 and $3500. One sold the other day for $6000.

It's just crazy and ye lads with 223 had better buy now as I expect the next shipment is going to be even more expensive, when there is a next shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cruisedub1

EWQuinn wrote: »
    I suspect he is talking about the US.

BTW, did something happen to Ezridax?

Sorry guy's , didn't make myself clear . As EW say's I'm talking about here in the States . Due to recent events ammo is getting hard to get in any quantity . People are scared that internet sales of ammo will be banned or severely restricted . Went out today and bought eighty rounds 30-06 , forty rounds .270 and hundred rounds .44 mag . Couldn't get any bulk .22lr . From now on I'm going to buy four or five boxes each week and stock up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"And this years annual award for sales group of the year in the gun industry for causing hyper drive sales of semi rifles,high capacity mags ,ammo sales,and everything else that shoots..Not to mind increasing the membership of the pro shooting lobby again...Goes YET again to Barack Obama,Dianne Feinstein,Charles Shumer , Sarah Brady,Micheal Blomberg."

Issued by the collective firearms and ammo makers of the World:rolleyes::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

...Due to recent events ammo is getting hard to get in any quantity...

It is going to be interesting to see what the Obama administration does. I believe it was Rahm Emanuel that said "you never let a serious crisis go to waste."

There's a lot on Obama's plate too: immigration, fiscal cliff, economy. How much time does he want to spend on a bill that could go for naught? We'll soon see.

What I recommend is that whenever you get online to buy ammo, always round up a few boxes, enough to get you the free shipping. Also, it wouldn't hurt to buy some black powder. I could see a ban there.

I remember not too long ago when 1000 of Wolf 223 was at the shows for $79.00. Today, I just saw 500rounds sell for $300.

From the market, I have learned not to chase a stock. I think I am going to wait this one out. Although, it is not as if I have any choice at this point.

I hope this one will not be as draconian as we are all expecting. If Obama has not got the numbers, this might turn out to be a moment of compromise or quid pro quo: Rep's get soft gun bill, Obama gets soft Dream Act.

Seeing that the country is almost sold out of everything, if nothing major occurs, we may see sales in the spring.

Right now people are paying panic prices, for everything. Hopefully, this is like a bubble (real estate, internet) which will pop in time. If you pay double or triple now, then you waited too long to buy and I doubt if you'll have much disposable income left to continue the buying trend.

We'll soon see.
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Not to mind increasing the membership of the pro shooting lobby again...

Yep! The American NRA is reporting 8,000 new members a day as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Its pretty well known that Obama's agenda included the items you mentioned (+ more), and not wanting to get bogged down in gun control. What they can do "administratively" under Obama will be more than any other president would do, but still somewhat limited. After the emotionalism of the moment is passed, many good democrats as well as others fancy their gun rights, and any major Schumer/Bloomberg style legislative proposal will likely be whittled down.

I'm as sorry and horrified as the next person about the incident in Conn. But when you see about week of coverage devoted to events like Katrina, Sandy, and the Tsunamis, then you never hear about them again (cataclysmic events where 1,000s are killed and millions of lives are affected forever) one tends to take media hype with a grain of salt. Reasonble restrictions and precautions are now obtainable without making the law abiding suffer too much, including truly addressing mental health, a system which is in shambles in the USA. But those with political agendas don't care about reasonableness, nor the Constitution. If you've been around the many decades to watch them as long as I have, you know they never did. Putting Joe Biden in charge guarantees some measure of incompetence, which is really unfortunate and indicative of the climate we are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

FISMA wrote: »
    Yep! The American NRA is reporting 8,000 new members a day as of late.

I wish I never became a Lifetime member.
    That press conference was retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Sorry guy's , didn't make myself clear . As EW say's I'm talking about here in the States . Due to recent events ammo is getting hard to get in any quantity . People are scared that internet sales of ammo will be banned or severely restricted . Went out today and bought eighty rounds 30-06 , forty rounds .270 and hundred rounds .44 mag . Couldn't get any bulk .22lr . From now on I'm going to buy four or five boxes each week and stock up .

Stock up for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Worst thing about it is prices will go up but Irish dealers won't drop them when the time comes :mad:

Advertisement