Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Sign in Problem

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

TheNeXus wrote: »
    damn its gone for me today, just when i had it back fine for a few days..

bet its something to do with their stupid cloud crap, it only started again when thy fixed that ****

It's only UPC customers experiencing it. If it were the cloud storage issue everyone would be seeing problems.

Xbox, just as things look like they are going well BANG ! Have cancelled my account with them. I think thats it for me and Xbox. Our history so far ....

Get xbox live

Banned for a week as my post code is incorrect

buy 12 months sub

Xbox dies

leave the country for 8 of those months

Xbox leave me on for 13 months ??

Xbox wants me to pay the 13th month that i never logged in

I buy a 12 month card

Cant be activated until i pay the 13th month i never wanted or logged on

I use friends credit card to pay that 13th month so i can activate my 12 month card.

Xbox dies

Christmas and Xbox live doesnt work, too many xboxs at Christmas

Xbox makes up by giving the same game to everybody

Xbox dies

My 12 month subscription is up

Xbox live takes payment from friends current account from his out of date credit card that was used as a once off payment to pay for the 13th month i never used it.

After phone calls i manage to get a refund

Get xbox live monthly

Xbox dies

Get a new xbox

Christmas, Xbox live doesnt work

The worst thing about all of this. Every phone call into the help desk i go into the call composed, i come off the phone call like Mel Gibson.

All whilst my day one PS3 chugs along like a trooper .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Xbox, just as things look like they are going well BANG ! Have cancelled my account with them. I think thats it for me and Xbox. Our history so far ....

Get xbox live

Banned for a week as my post code is incorrect

buy 12 months sub

Xbox dies

leave the country for 8 of those months

Xbox leave me on for 13 months ??

Xbox wants me to pay the 13th month that i never logged in

I buy a 12 month card

Cant be activated until i pay the 13th month i never wanted or logged on

I use friends credit card to pay that 13th month so i can activate my 12 month card.

Xbox dies

Christmas and Xbox live doesnt work, too many xboxs at Christmas

Xbox makes up by giving the same game to everybody

Xbox dies

My 12 month subscription is up

Xbox live takes payment from friends current account from his out of date credit card that was used as a once off payment to pay for the 13th month i never used it.

After phone calls i manage to get a refund

Get xbox live monthly

Xbox dies

Get a new xbox

Christmas, Xbox live doesnt work

The worst thing about all of this. Every phone call into the help desk i go into the call composed, i come off the phone call like Mel Gibson.

Ever think of turning off auto renewal when you dont want it to renew? You know Microsoft arent psychic, they dont know when you dont want Xbox Live anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How many times a year does PSN go down for maintenance.
    How many times a year does PSN have problems and it's gone for over a day.
    How many times has PSN been hacked and passwords and account security compromised?
    Remember the leap year software problem that bricked all PS3s and PSN for 2 days in 2008?

Answer: too many times. Compare to XBL.

XBL goes down for about 2 times per year for maintenance. XBL is about 4-6 hours cycle.
    My count this year 2012 for PSN is 7. PSN is 1-2 days per cycle.

I have both consoles since launch and I know for me which provide a superior service.

Even if I have gone through 2 360s. Still, cost me nothing and I was given a free game and 2 months XBL for my trouble.

Sony on the other hand are a security risk and I have had to change a load of email accounts and passwords and a credit card because of them.

Go figure.

Meesared wrote: »
    Ever think of turning off auto renewal when you dont want it to renew? You know Microsoft arent psychic, they dont know when you dont want Xbox Live anymore.

I did it last night.

Microsoft arnt psychic ? no , they know exactly what they are doing :D

• Advertisement

I did it last night.

Microsoft arnt psychic ? no , they know exactly what they are doing :D

TBF, it's like not cancelling a gym membership or Sky. They can only cancel if you notify them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Have fun with Sony :D

TBF, it's like not cancelling a gym membership or Sky. They can only cancel if you notify them.
    Actually you can do it on the website, its very simple.

Meesared wrote: »
    Actually you can do it on the website, its very simple.

Well yeah, but that's a relatively recent thing. His timeline suggests that this was a couple of years ago.

Its been there I think since October 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gercso

So, what is the solution? Is this something that XBOX customer support or UPC customer support can actually solve? Or what do we need to do at this point??!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

allanb49 wrote: »
    back up for me, head to your storage, click clear cache twice and should pop back online. worked for me

would recommend everyone try this, i did it after seeing this post yesterday and have had no problems since ( i had the same problems as the rest of you the previous days)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

It's gone again, xbox live, and xbox.com
    It's not that I got booted out as I didn't get in to start with and have been trying for 15mins.
    It's getting boring now regardless who is at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Clearing the cache didn't fix it for me .
    UPC are really good but you only hear horror stories
    Because nobody likes a brown noser

Anyway glad they've acknowledged it's on there end are trying to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gercso

Just tried it here but no success unfortunately...still don't know how to solve the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

It just went on me just now (Galway). It's been a bit shaky the past day or two, but I didn't think much of it. I got disconnected and I can't sign in at all. My friend (also UPC + Galway) just text me with the same problem. Xbox Support just told me UPC are on it.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    It just went on me just now (Galway). It's been a bit shaky the past day or two, but I didn't think much of it. I got disconnected and I can't sign in at all. My friend (also UPC + Galway) just text me with the same problem. Xbox Support just told me UPC are on it.

Called UPC earlier. Wouldn't waste my breath talking to them again. Worst customer service I've ever experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gunnerman1100

Having the same problem in Dublin for the past week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Been having intermittent connection problems for the last week. It's doing my nut it, it either doesn't connect or takes bloody ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

back online

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Back online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

Day 8 Still Can't Connect, Food Supply's Limited, i Can feel Life Slipping Out Of My Body When i Poop It Hurt's, I Have Not Washed, My Xbox Has Never Been So Cold, i Don't Know How Much Longer I Can Last Before I Make The Big Switch to (SKY) Dun Dun duuuuhhhnnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 gunnerman1100

back on in Dublin aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

back up for me, in Galway.

oh yes sorry October 2011, getting confused with the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Back in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

upc confirmed that xbox service is back up and running properly through them, any further issues contact them directly

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

only saw this thread now .... went for me suddenly one day a couple of weeks ago, opened the xbox ports on my router (which I never had to do before) and it worked again straight away no problem. Put your xbox in the DMZ and open the ports and you should avoid UPC messing up your Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

lar77 wrote: »
    only saw this thread now .... went for me suddenly one day a couple of weeks ago, opened the xbox ports on my router (which I never had to do before) and it worked again straight away no problem. Put your xbox in the DMZ and open the ports and you should avoid UPC messing up your Live

In this case, it wasn't related to ports or DMZ, and setting these up (which is a good thing to do anyway) wouldn't have helped.

Advertisement