Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa's Been And Gone !!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

In my day, presents from the family got wrapped and put under the tree as and when they were ready. Nothing like seeing that pile getting bigger and bigger as Advent wore on. The magic of Christmas morning was knowing that you could leap out of bed and go downstairs and there'd be a different pile of presents waiting. :cool:

In my day you got one present.:(
    I can remember and count on both hands all the toys I got for every Christmas put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Seriously doesn't feel like a year has passed since the last time this thread appeared!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Santa presents wrapped? Never heard of it my parents just laid out everything and filled a large stocking bag with stocking fillers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Celebrating polish Christmas at the in-laws and then making the drive home to celebrate our day tomo. Will get home around 11, crack open a can wait for santy to arrive :)

11 on Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ohhh the big Santa wrapping presents debate. In my house Santa always wrapped the presents but in my husband's house he never did. Might be due to fact only 2 in my family but 4 children in my husband's ;) Anyway Santa comes now to our house for our little boy + lots of debate over whether Santa wraps presents or not. To settle it I asked in work if Santa wraps presents or not. The majority went with no wrapping so that's what we went with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,744 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Oh the confusion! RTE reported that milk and 'cookies' should be left out for Santa. That's all good. So the two small ones were sorting the mince pie (cookies??!) and the younger one was sorting the milk. But, she said, how will it keep cool, it will be too warm and it will go off before santa arrives! Anyway mum has agreed she will put some ice cubes in it to keep it cool and the offerings + carrots are all displayed. The Night Before Christmas has been read and off they go... For the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Ok lets revisit the reason for this thread.
    Everyone post pictures just after santa leaves your house!

Peatys wrote: »
    The one time the staire decides to squeak and groan when I'm trying to get their presents down from the attic right outside their door!

Still haven't wd40'd that feicin door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Was thinking of you today Mech1 and wondering if you'd be back for this year. Love this thread!

Was thinking of you today Mech1 and wondering if you'd be back for this year. Love this thread!

Me too :) Lovely to see Mech1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mech1 wrote: »
    Some previous years

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzh8ZuD

click link

arse crack

sadness

lawred2 wrote: »
    click link

arse crack

sadness

The photo is the photo, i dont like it either, but what can i do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

He's been and gone here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Now with picture... (4mb file limits, in 2019?)

Mech1 wrote: »
    The photo is the photo, i dont like it either, but what can i do?

:D

Getting ready, but a good while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

rob316 wrote: »
    Santa presents wrapped? Never heard of it my parents just laid out everything and filled a large stocking bag with stocking fillers.

In the 50s Santa never wrapped the presents. Presents from Aunts and Uncles etc were wrapped. Seeing the photo/drawing on the box of the train set or Meccano was magic that you examined for ages before you even opened the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh I was looking for this thread earlier. I love it!

how much use has the treadmill gotten in six years?

lawred2 wrote: »
    how much use has the treadmill gotten in six years?

Loads!!! 3 times a week as a clothes rack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hasn’t been here yet.
    Girls not long gone amd he a while before it’s safe.

Santa hasn’t time to wrap here, all others are wrapped.

He doesn’t leave them under the tree either. One chair full of goodies for each girl, even though one is 16 ;)

Remember dont be shy. pictures will be the life of this thread.

468796.jpg

468797.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Just gone here now..... Hope he makes it to Everyone!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not here yet. One little sh1t is still wide awake. The other won't be going asleep anytime soon, but she's 15, so it's allowed

Cushtie wrote: »
    Just gone here now..... Hope he makes it to Everyone!!

Pic didn't attach last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Called here three hours ago, no pictures though, different tradition to most with the big man calling and handling the gifts to the kids

We used to have that when we were young. Loved it. It still happens in some houses where the kids then are parents now. I miss it but no one around here does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

He's just going, but she forgot a Nintendo switch game, she left it in smyths when she went back for a price adjustment!! I need more drink to quench my internal rage!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Phil.x

He's gone.

Advertisement