Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for fair landlord to rent from - Dublin City

Options
  • 25-12-2012 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi there,

I'm looking for a new place to live in the Dublin City area. I was hoping i'd get in direct contact with a property owner through boards than being another faceless application through Daft/etc.

I am a 24 yr old man, living with my girlfriend. I'm currently unemployed (pursuing an education in Health/fitness in the new year) & my girlfriend is attending College.
    We are both very mature. Neither of us drink or smoke. And we're ideally looking for somewhere very quiet.

Our current apartment has become almost unliveable with our neighbours. As you can see; it's Christmas morning, and i'm on boards. They have been up all night, and their voices are so loud, I can hear them through the floor.

Unfortunately, my current landlord is no help. We've been here just over 2 years, and I can confidentally confirm that he is a outright cowboy.

If there are any fair & reasonable Dublin based property owners reading this, I can assure you that we would be ideal tenants. We just want to live in a nice, quiet area, where we can live in peace.

If you're willing to guarantee me that you'll at least help me solve any issues that may arise, then I can guarantee you completely hassle free tenants, just looking to be treated fairly.

If there is anybody that can help, please PM me on here.

Thank you & Merry Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Happy Christmas.

I wish you the best of luck in your search. I say the following with no mean intent, just my view.

I would suggest your best bet is to rethink the use of daft. Just because someone on boards has a few posts (or a few thousand!) doesn't mean they'll treat you any differently as a tenant to any landlord you find on daft. I always try and have a casual conversation with the landlord as I'm viewing the house and make a judgement call on their personality from that.
    If you're willing to guarantee me that you'll at least help me solve any issues that may arise, then I can guarantee you completely hassle free tenants, just looking to be treated fairly.

No one can give you this stone cold guarantee as their may be a difference of view over what an issue is...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

if you are both students ,i assume you,ll be on rent allowance, you,ll
    need a large deposit.plus loadsa documents ,bank statement ,etc
    90 per cent of ads on rent ie, daft dont accept ra, and ones that do may be over the limit for ra ,
    Its very tough to find any accomodation on ra in dublin ,unless you are a single mother.
    my rent was 60 euro,per week i got a letter your
    rent may be over ra limit.last year,
    60 euro per week for a flat ,one other tenant in house, tenant 2 not on ra,in dublin.
    UNDER new rules ,rent will go up, each flat needs a bathroom,shower.

IF you are on ra ,2 people, it,ll be tough to find a large flat under the limit in dublin.
    You can get help from crosscare ,or focuspoint re finding a flat.
    how much can you afford to pay per month.
    its xmas ,they are probably having a party,
    sounds like technical issue, bad soundproofing in between apartments .
    Theres people in brand new apartments , i paid 300k, i can hear my neighbour making a cup of tea,
    ie building has bad or improperly fitted insulation.IT s a common problem.
    it sounds as if you are not on ra , as you are renting an apartment.

Advertisement