Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I know....

• 25-12-2012 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

....Which iPad I got..... My oh bought me one and I'm just wondering is it the 2 or the newest one...... He hasn't a clue....

Also after setting it up all the apps are going onto my iPhone.... Anyway I can stop this.....

Thank you and merry Christmas :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Check the model number on the back. See here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3942543?start=0&tstart=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

....Which iPad I got..... My oh bought me one and I'm just wondering is it the 2 or the newest one...... He hasn't a clue....

Also after setting it up all the apps are going onto my iPhone.... Anyway I can stop this.....

Thank you and merry Christmas :D

The newest one is the 4th gen btw, easy to spot as it has a different connector (lightning, same as iPhone 5 and iPad mini).
    If ur not sure if yours is 2 or 3 then check the link above.
    With regards to apps appearing on your iPhone, check your phone settings -> iTunes and App Store-> automatic downloads (deselect what you don't want, apps in this case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Thanks guys, it's the iPad 2....

Don't know if I am missing out on much by not having the 4th generation, but I still love it :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Don't know if I am missing out on much by not having the 4th generation, but I still love it :D

not much, a better screen on the 3/4 but that's about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Still a fantastic piece of kit. You'll find it hard to put Down :)

• Advertisement

Yes, i absolutely love it. Have skyped a few people already and have started reading a 2nd book from iBook .... It's my new best friend (after my iPhone of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Miserable git! you should dump him quick. Ah no, just the newer generations have a retina display and a better processor. ipad 2 is still a very nice present to get.

nocoverart wrote: »

Miserable git! you should dump him quick. Ah no, just the newer generations have a retina display and a better processor. ipad 2 is still a very nice present to get.

Haha your terrible...
    I can still see the screen, thats the main thing.... :)
    How long should i get from an ipad.... Like a laptop's lifespan is 3-4 years

Advertisement