Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*URGENT* Any Vets Open In Limerick Today???

• 25-12-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a male cat. He's about 7 years old. Woke up this morning and he isn't himself. He's passing large amounts of blood in his urine and looks very unsettled so I'm thinking he has a urinary tract infection. I've heard these can be serious so I want to get it checked out asap.

Does anyone know of any vets open in Limerick City today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Treaty vets in thomandgate have a vet on call, google their website for contact details. Hope the kitten is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

All vets in Ireland will provide some sort of 24 hour care for emergencies every day of the year.
    Its part of being a vet and is as far as im aware a requirement for all practice's to operate.
    Some may be juggling small and large animal calls today so time can be taken to get a call back but persist and ring again and you will get through...I spent last night treating a horse with colic and this morning a cow down with mlk fever....christmas eve is just another night,the oncall has to be done,animals dont know what day it is....
    There is no reason that you would not be seen today as a potentially blocked male cat is an emergency.

Details of where to go or who to contact is usually given when you ring up their out of hours number .

Hope your lad got seen and is feeling better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Cresent vets always have a vet on call. If you call their number the on call emergency number is on the voicemail.

Good luck, hope your little guy is ok :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Thanks everyone. Rang Crescent and Hugh came in from Croom straight away. Turned out he has systitis so he put him on antibiotics and anti-inflammetries. He said it could have gotten a lot worse if we left it untreated another day or two.

Hope everyones enjoying Christmas and thanks for your help.

Chavways wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Rang Crescent and Hugh came in from Croom straight away. Turned out he has systitis so he put him on antibiotics and anti-inflammetries. He said it could have gotten a lot worse if we left it untreated another day or two.

Hope everyones enjoying Christmas and thanks for your help.

Fantastic! Hugh is a gentleman :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Fantastic! Hugh is a gentleman :)

i would have to agree 100 % and will go out of his way to help anyone and a great vet to go with it had a very sick bitch 4 years ago after having pups gave me his personal mobile to call anytime day or night

jimf wrote: »

i would have to agree 100 % and will go out of his way to help anyone and a great vet to go with it had a very sick bitch 4 years ago after having pups gave me his personal mobile to call anytime day or night

Yes, he's lovely, as is Meave in cresent vets :)
    I have a very fearful GSD and both Hugh and Meave are so gentle with her.

Advertisement