Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Fire and Mac

Options
  • 25-12-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭

So does anyone here have a Kindle Fire and is using a Mac?

My Mac doesn't recognise the Kindle fire at all. It says it's connected as Media Device on the kindle. Of course, I want it to connect via USB!

Anyone any ideas? I've googled the crap out of this!

EDIT: I found Android File Transfer and that has worked for the books but I dunno where I should be putting applications...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So does anyone here have a Kindle Fire and is using a Mac?

My Mac doesn't recognise the Kindle fire at all. It says it's connected as Media Device on the kindle. Of course, I want it to connect via USB!

Anyone any ideas? I've googled the crap out of this!

EDIT: I found Android File Transfer and that has worked for the books but I dunno where I should be putting applications...

Hi there Mars Bar, same position as you. My daughter got one for Christmas and has been stumped. I have a US Amazon account which is good for buying books and worked this morning. However apps are a totally different ballgame. She's getting invalid country message and Flash sites like RTE player not working. Have you had any success with these? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You have to download http://www.android.com/filetransfer/ for Mac. Gives you a drag and drop option for books, movies, music and so on.

I've figured out how to get apps but not sure I can share here? I'll PM you.

Advertisement