Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap soundcard that will support recording directly from sound card?

Options
  • 25-12-2012 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Any suggestions for a cheap sound-card that supports recording directly from the soundcard, as opposed to microphone. IE: So an option in sound devices would list computer playback as a recording option. My current soundcard doesn't appear to support this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Don't have a dedicated sound card myself, but normally use Audacity to record whatever audio is playing on this (XP SP3) pc.
    Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Nope - Audacity only allows it if the sound card is full-duplex - my card doesn't support it (it's onboard). I'm just looking for a cheap sound card that supports it, and has good recommendation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you enabled stereo mix on the sound card? (may not be supported but usually is)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Another option is Virtual Audio Cable: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Audio_Cable (Shareware, US$25 for full version with self-support).

yoyo wrote: »
    Have you enabled stereo mix on the sound card? (may not be supported but usually is)

Nick

It's not supported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Would you be better off getting an external one so you could move it to a laptop/another pc/bring it with you etc easily ?

http://www.musicmatter.co.uk/audio-interfaces/usb-audio-interfaces?p=1

not sure how well some of those work etc

I'd imagine there might be some lag with the USB one. I'll just have a look on amazon I guess for an internal PCI card.

Advertisement