Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia Seating Question

Options
  • 25-12-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know what the seats are like in the Circle area of the Olympia? Is the view good? I'm in the K row of the Circle for a gig next year.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So long as your seats aren't "restricted viewing" which basically means, there's a poll in front of your seat. Then yeah circle is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

Are they strict in the Olympia in relation to where you go??
    A mate of mine is going to a gig at the Olympia.. problem is he has a circle ticket, but wants to go in standing in the ground floor with the other lads that he is going with. Are they strict there, or would you be allowed in the standing???
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

skaface wrote: »
    A mate of mine is going to a gig at the Olympia.. problem is he has a circle ticket, but wants to go in standing in the ground floor with the other lads that he is going with. Are they strict there, or would you be allowed in the standing???
    Thanks.

There's two different entrances for standing and seating so it isn't really possible.

That being said I know somebody who managed to blag their way down to standing before. Haven't a clue how he managed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

There's two different entrances for standing and seating so it isn't really possible.

That being said I know somebody who managed to blag their way down to standing before. Haven't a clue how he managed it though.

Cheers for the heads up.. he will just have to take his chances then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

skaface wrote: »
    Thanks.

It is very very very unlikely that he'll get into the standing. They have separate entrances and separate bars; and as far as I know, the ground floor and the circle are not connected inside (well they might be connected by staff-only corridors, but there's no way for the general public to walk from one to the other).

In fairness, you can't blame them for being strict. When it's sold out, the standing area is horribly packed (900+ people), they can't have any extra people squeezing in for safety reasons...

• Advertisement
Advertisement