Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog From Bohemore (Dec 24th) [found]

Options
  • 25-12-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Merry Christmas

Could you all keep an eye out for my brother-in-law's cousins dog!! She's been missing since last night (Dec 24th) from Finbar's Tce Bohemore, we think she's headed down towards Terryland Dunnes. Her name is Misty and she's quite a unique looking dog, she's a big ball of white fluff! THANKS

155825_4089197748785_2069072710_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Did ye find her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Was contacted by a woman who says she found a similar dog, she won't return it until she brings it to the vet tomorrow to scan for a micro-chip (Misty is chipped), she also wants proof of ownership.
    The owner is very distressed but she understands that these procedures have to be done. Will post when i know more tomorrow :)

Good in a way, will she not let you see her, I sure the dog will know you?

That's what we were thinking too but as long as she is safe and not roaming around the town. Hopefully only a few more hours before they are re-united again, her little JR terrier brother is missing her terribly.

Pity you did'nt know someone with a scanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

update please? happy ending?
    EDIT: sorry just noticed you said bringing it Tomorrow.. read message wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Was contacted by a woman who says she found a similar dog, she won't return it until she brings it to the vet tomorrow to scan for a micro-chip (Misty is chipped), she also wants proof of ownership.
    The owner is very distressed but she understands that these procedures have to be done. Will post when i know more tomorrow :)
    The lady who found the dog is doing the right thing. That said, if I were her, I might also settle for a successful word recognition test:

Owner of the dog tells the lady who found the dog some of the unusual words/commands that have been taught to the dog (a well-cared for dog might have 20 words/commands that they understand). Owner of the dog could also tell the lady who found the dog the tone of voice in which the word or command is generally said. The finder of the dog would then say the word(s) to the dog, for instance, mention the Jack Russell Terrier's name/ mention the name of its favourite family member, etc.

A successful test would be if the dog were to go ballistic when the finder said the unusual words or commands in approximately the same tone of voice.

Good news, Misty is home safe! She was dropped up a few minutes ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound, glad it turned out ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement